Breads and some other treats for my irn?

Moderator: Mods

mcgeet

Breads and some other treats for my irn?

Post by mcgeet »

Hello there!
I just want to know if I can feed my irn some bread or maybe some crakers and cereals.
What kinds of bread are safe to feed cause every moring I go to this bakery shop to buy pandesal, I eat them when I get home in front of my irn and he just screams to get a nibble from my bread and he likes it very much.
I was also wondering to try biscuits for treats. Pls recommend good treats for irns
Thanks in advance!!!!
MissK

Re: Breads and some other treats for my irn?

Post by MissK »

I Googled a few recipes for Pan de Sal and concluded this is really just a white bread. It did not seem to have unusually high salt content. It contained the white flour and sugar we all have come to understand is not highly desirable in anyone's diet, and so for the Ringneck I am going to conclude this would come under the heading of "Junk Food".

As you are eating this every morning, it is clearly important in your life. Some folks say I shouldn't be having tea with milk and pseudo-sugar every morning, but I am. However, I would not in clear conscience advise you to feed Pan de Sal to your bird every morning.

Maybe he could have one Ringneck-sized bite every day, if you must, or every other day would be better. Maybe you could pick up one 100% whole grain roll as well, and make sure he gets his bite of that instead. You might be able to buy just one of those a week, and keep it in the fridge, and just put it on your plate every day and give him his portion from that.

You need not give him every thing he wants because he should understand some things are not for Ringnecks. Else what are you going to do if you eat something really bad, like salty potato chips, in front of him. You simply cannot give salty chips to birds, and then where are you?

Best wishes,
-MissK
-MissK
sanjays mummi

Re: Breads and some other treats for my irn?

Post by sanjays mummi »

I like seeded bread, and as a treat I hang a crust of it in Sanjays palace, he loves picking the seeds out and eating them.