Getting my IRN to eat vegatables???

Moderator: Mods

madmart33

Getting my IRN to eat vegatables???

Post by madmart33 »

Hiya!! My IRN is a really fussy eater!! At the mo I can get him to eat toast and honey (with his muti vitamin and minerals powder on it), apples and corn on the cobs,he will occasonally eat pomegranites and his seed mix. What I want to do is get him to eat more vegatables so would u say a good way is to mix his seed mix in when I give him the fresh veg??? Or do you still think he will just refuse to eat the veg and just eat his seed mix??? Also is there any other methods people on here could tell me to try out???? Also is thier any methods to get him off eating seed mixture and get him onto pelleted food (as I have been told that pelleted food is much better than seed mixes???) All help is highly Appreciated!!!

Many Thanks

Martin Dean
MissK

Re: Getting my IRN to eat vegatables???

Post by MissK »

Hi Martin, good luck
Last edited by MissK on Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
-MissK
Skyes_crew

Post by Skyes_crew »

Hello...I noticed you haven't posted in here since January so I hope the feeding is going ok. Just wanted to share my experience with getting an IRN to eat fruits and veggies. My IRN came from a home with a guy who meant well but really never learned how to feed properly. My IRN had never had anything except apple. My conure eats everything under the sun, so I prepared a bowl of the same for my IRN and he didn't seem too interested in it. The next day I moved my conures cage next to my IRN's cage and fed them together. I guess it helped for my IRN to see my conure eat. Next thing you know he was sampling a little of everything. Now two weeks later he's eating pretty much everything I put in there. I feed from a separate bowl set up high near his natural tree branch. Their diet is carrots, sweet potatoes, mango, papaya, grapes, squash, string beans, red and green jalapeño peppers, pear, apple, watermelon, cantaloupe, strawberries, pineapple, and peas. I rotate their food so they don't get bored. Hope that helps you some. Oh and BTW, if you feed the hot peppers, don't give your bird a kiss following meal time. Your lips will be on fire lol. Good luck :)
I am owned by my birds...and I wouldn't have it any other way :D

MissK

Post by MissK »

Guess you learned that the hard way.... :wink:

-MissK
-MissK
subodhhire

Post by subodhhire »

No reply from martin yet....

Subodh