help noisey IRN

Moderator: Mods

justbeiingnosey

help noisey IRN

Post by justbeiingnosey »

We bought an IRN 3wks ago she made no noise the first week but since then she continues to make this very very loud screech sound. She chirps in between this loud screech. She was bought off someone who neglected her really dirty cage said it all. They said she is roughly 12mths old but she dont say any words, is it to late to train her? And why the very loud screech noise?

Any advice please.
justbeiingnosey

Re: help noisey IRN

No advice then :(
ellieelectrons

Post by ellieelectrons »

This can be a really hard problem to solve. Firstly, you need to be aware that birds make noise, it is just part of what they do. It's natural. However, there are noises that can be extreme and quite annoying. In order to change noisy behaviours, you first need to figure out what is triggering the behaviour and then do something about the triggers. Or you could try rewarding your bird for being quiet.

Try this link:
http://goodbirdinc.blogspot.com.au/2008 ... g-for.html
It also contains a link to another article.

Best wishes.

Ellie
justbeiingnosey

She screams for my attention when im in the room with her she whistles but as soon as im in another room she screams.
RaveTomsy

Post by RaveTomsy »

Hrm. That kind of sounds like separation anxiety to me.

As for talking, I've heard that female IRNs aren't as talky as males, though from my own experience, that might not be in actual words. My clever green gal has learned to sound out words she likes to hear, though she hasn't quite figured out the connection between sounds and actually speaking the words. She's up to five words, plus she's learned to nod her head when she's asked questions.