Sammy's new cage

Moderator: Mods

Apple

Sammy's new cage

Post by Apple »

Well after looking around at various places and looking at my budget I chose to buy one from ebay for £120 + postage all in £135. After reading various post’s I also went for as large a cage as I could fit in my room.
Its early days and she is still getting used to it and I’m still buying new fun toys to rotate regularly for her to keep her happy and amused.

Here is her old cage

Here is her new cage

Also I’m from the north east of England (Newcastle) I am wondering if anyone knows or can recommend any good stores for parrot toys and accessories both locally or perhaps online in the UK which you have used and think offer a great range of items.

I’m also looking to get an in cage bath has anyone purchased one which would be suitable for this new cage.

I have a one I purchased for her old cage which fitted to the open door however this is no longer practical for her new cage. I would like to purchase an in cage bath which she could use when ever she liked.

Have a great day

Lee & Sammy
smallworld

Re: Sammy's new cage

Post by smallworld »

Wow nice setup you got there! I have your old cage :D But you've given me a reasonably good idea at what I should be looking for soon. Sorry I cant help with the pet shops in NewCastle but I saw a picture once of someone who made their own birdie bath for an Amazon. It was designed to be fit in the cage, so it was made out of plexiglas. Sadly I dont have a picture but that was a self made cage. Rectangular looking and wide, as well as long enough for an the long parrot tails.

Maybe if you cant find one, perhaps you can build one. We dont use in cage showers but we used large pot saucers (I dont remember how you call those, the thing that you put under flower pots). Its made out of plastic, so its light and its a little more than half a meter long. I dont know if you could fit that in her cage...
Apple

Post by Apple »

Thanks for the info Small

I might look into getting one made for her cage. Or I may even atempt to make one myself. I will post pictures when I get round to making one or get one made.

kind regards

Lee
Joanie

Post by Joanie »

thats an awesome cage! what a lucky bird to live in such a fine castle! it looks great and had lots of space to play.
i had a round water bowl attached to the side of mine and when they took to bathing i would get out the squirt bottle and get the spots they couldn't reach, they loved it!
a wet IRN is a happy IRN :D
smallworld

Post by smallworld »

No problem :), would love to see the picture if you make it.
alliej

Post by alliej »

wow nice cage for your bird i wondering if i can get a cage for my little one thanks
for pics