Redmine project management

Provided for interested members to discuss creating a reference site for IRN genetics.

Moderator: Mods

madas

Redmine project management

Post by madas »

Hi all,

the redmine project management system is nearly ready to start. Only email notification needs to be setup. This should be done after the weekend.
The redmine system is reachable at: http://www.ringneck-genetics.net
If you can't see this website then please check your firewall and make sure TCP port 81 is open. :)

You can apply for an account by posting a request containing first name, last name and valid email adress (for spam protection replace @ with (at) ) here within this topic. You should get an answer email containing your account details (login and password). After you receive this email please login and change your password.
But remember this is the project-management-webpage for the research project(s). So once you have applied you should be an active member. Means you should share your knowledge, contribute pics, share your breeding results and so on.

If you only want to see how things are going on then please visit the public website at http://www.ringneck-genetics.com. Here we will post general informations on ringneck genetics (mutations discribed by text and pics) and the results for each single research project.

greetings.

madas
Last edited by madas on Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
prodigy

Re: Redmine project management

Post by prodigy »

Hi Madas,

Account working fine, test document uploaded.

Thanks
Recio

Post by Recio »

Hi Madas,

Great work !!!

Should I be able to acces Peter's document?

Recio
madas

Post by madas »

Recio wrote: Should I be able to acces Peter's document?
I think so. Can't you?
Can be found under tab Files within the 'deep'-Project.

madas
Recio

Post by Recio »

Hi Madas,

Finally I found it. I was looking for it under "Documents" but it was under "Activity" and under "Files". I was expecting some text with the main features, what is known and unknown (is it a different mutation or an allele of known mutations?) and the history of the mutation. What do you think about considering for every mutation some specific points to fullfill? Exemple:
1. Phenotypic features (similar to Psittacule world but with description in blue and green series).
2. Inheritance. Autosomic or heterosomic. Crossing over rates respective to other mutations in the same chromossome.
3. Microstructural alterations : change in pigment quantity? quality? distribution? change in feather structure? on the cortex? on the spongy zone? ....
4. Biochemical alterations .... when known
5. Corresponding mutation in other species (if known)
6. Epistatic phenomenon in specific combos.

Whenever one of the points is unknown or under discussion we could just put a (?) or, may be better, the facts we know for and against the working hypothesis.
Could you make a sheet with these (or others) points so that we will try to fullfill it according to present knowledge for each mutation? It would be a standard presentation for every mutation and thereafter pics could be added.

Just an idea

Recio
Ring0Neck

Post by Ring0Neck »

Recio : Yes to your request above, i'm working on a mutation site for all to refer to, updated frequently, rich but organised information specific to each mutation and combos etc.. but more about that later...

Please read this post, thanks

http://www.indianringneck.com/forum/vie ... 411#p99411
I'm an Explorer
10% luck, 20% skill, 15% concentrated power of will, 50% pleasure, 5% pain$ and a 100% reason ..I just gotta know
trabots

Post by trabots »

Does this mean the good stuff will no longer appear on this forum??
Ring0Neck

Post by Ring0Neck »

Willy,

No.
Good Question though.
As intended in the initial setup of the website is to stay here and discuss,
if any important conv./ideas are worth saving for quick future reference or further development and summarised to the essence in a more concise way, you can read here 120 posts and get confused not sure what to take home, there it can be summarised and conclusions drawn/updated kept track of things etc.
Keeping records i think is overdue with backup and prereserved data.

Members can also chat in posts where only members can see ,
ie: how is your breeding season going so far?
in public it'll be a refrained/generalised answer.
we might have a set of pics but we are not ready to share with the world however would like members to see/discuss etc.

Even a non member can comment/reply to any public discussions however these will need to be approved by a member before visible on the website.

Ben
I'm an Explorer
10% luck, 20% skill, 15% concentrated power of will, 50% pleasure, 5% pain$ and a 100% reason ..I just gotta know