Albino Cock x Lutino Hen resulted in 4 lutinos and 1 albino

Moderator: Mods

Shalah

Albino Cock x Lutino Hen resulted in 4 lutinos and 1 albino

Post by Shalah »

Albino cock x lutino hen = 4 lutino chick and 1 albino chick

Wondering if anyone can explain the possible genetics of these parents as I couldnt get a result with these colours in the genetics calculator ( but then I am a total novice at it). The previous clutch from the same parents gave all lutino chicks.

Two years ago the hen did previously have a Blue cock as a mate and they had a blue chick ( now a cherished family member called Entree who is mentioned in other previous posts )

I was surprised to see this albino chick in this clutch. Can the sex be identified without DNA testing?

Edit: Further research leads me to think that my lutino female is actually lutino/blue so my chicks are female or male lutino/ blue and female or male Albino. Can anyone confirm if my thinking is right?
sheyd

Re: Albino Cock x Lutino Hen resulted in 4 lutinos and 1 alb

Post by sheyd »

Edit: Further research leads me to think that my lutino female is actually lutino/blue so my chicks are female or male lutino/ blue and female or male Albino. Can anyone confirm if my thinking is right?
That's right :D
Shalah

Re: Albino Cock x Lutino Hen resulted in 4 lutinos and 1 alb

Post by Shalah »

Thank you for confirming that Sheyd. Now I need to decide if eventually I want to possibly encourage the visual blue in the future. Though I do believe in letting them choose what ever partner they want rather than trying to force a bond.