recessive pied violet green/blue

Moderator: Mods

ush2611

recessive pied violet green/blue

Post by ush2611 »

i have bought an unrelated pair of recessive pieds violet green/blue.(2014) .now im not sure wether to pair them together in a couple of years or put with something else..i have the option of keeping back a some young from next season, so my choices would be violet...i also own a 2014 violet turq cobalt...would a pairing with him and the hen produce any nice offspring...?? my understanding is that the pied pair can produce any colour in pied except cobalt...this is what the breeder told me..any advice would be great. :)
Johan S

Re: recessive pied violet green/blue

Post by Johan S »

I wouldn't pair them together, but rather use two extra birds from the blue series. My choice would be a cobalt violet and a mauve. The other breeder is misinformed, you do get recessive pieds in cobalt.
Mad Max

Post by Mad Max »

The unrelated pair of ress pied green violet /blue ,will give the following chicks

25% ress pied violet green
50% ress pied violet green /blue
25% ress pied violet blue
Kappa

Post by Kappa »

Since both are violetgreen split blue rec. pieds, with out going into percentages, possible outcomes will include: green, violet green, df violetgreen, df violet, violet and also blue in rec. pieds.

Pairing either of them to other non-rec. pied birds will result in breeding only split for rec. pied birds, which will not be visually pied.
ush2611

Post by ush2611 »

ok thanks for all your advice.. :)