Genetics for dummies?

Moderator: Mods

amjokai

Genetics for dummies?

Post by amjokai »

I am trying so hard to learn genetics of these gorgeous birds before I buy my first ringnecks. I want to understand the genetics and mutations. I have a friend who has explained some of it to me, and I understand some but I don't want to keep having to have her explain the same things over and over to me, if there is a website i can learn all of it from (broken down). My friend has been great at answering all my crazy new person questions but I think I need charts and notes and pages to look back on as im learning it.... I am just hoping that someone would know of a post, or website that has a newby-fied class on genetics. I need a ringneck genetics for dummies class.... :D

Sorry if this has been posted, I tried to search but didn't find anything....
Ring0Neck

Re: Genetics for dummies?

Post by Ring0Neck »

You can start with this website where it shows most available mutations and their inheritance.

http://psittacula-world.com/EN/Mutations/P-krameri.htm
I'm an Explorer
10% luck, 20% skill, 15% concentrated power of will, 50% pleasure, 5% pain$ and a 100% reason ..I just gotta know
amjokai

Post by amjokai »

Thanks everyone! I found this website.
I'm hoping it will help, once i get the basics I will understand much better what my awesome mentor is explaining to me.....
amjokai

Post by amjokai »

Apparently I'm not allowed to post urls, cause I'm too new....

I'll get that book :D