Advise with new mutation and pairing

Moderator: Mods

firuz_uk

Advise with new mutation and pairing

Post by firuz_uk »

I really confused, don't know what to do, I have 2 hen (albino and lutino) and 3 cock (green, grey and pastel blue)
don't know which one to which pair, or thinking to buy albino and lutino cock
Kappa

Re: Advise with new mutation and pairing

Post by Kappa »

It all depends on what colours you want to breed. Any of the combinations you have suggested will only breed spilt ino cocks and straight hens. Apart from the grey cock which will give you some greygreen offspring, all the other combinations will produce green young. So if you're wanting lutino or albino young you should purchase an albino or a lutino cock.
smick

Post by smick »

Kappa, not correct if he pairs the turquoise blue to albino he will get both blue and turquoise blue cocks split ino and turquoise blue and blue hens or if he uses the grey cock he will get blue and grey cocks split ino and blue and grey hens. The lutino hen is harder to use unless she is split blue otherwise probably better to get lutino cock for her or enougher option would be a green pallid cock giving pallidino cocks and green pallid hens
Kappa

Post by Kappa »

Smick you're right, i was incorrectly, just thinking of the outcomes of using a lutino hen.