What is my mutation?

Moderator: Mods

Derkinkle

What is my mutation?

Post by Derkinkle »

Hello, I'm pretty new with Indian Ringnecks and just recently got a pair that i would like to breed in the future. I would like to know more about ringneck mutations and i thought why not start out with the ones i got. All i know is that they are blue but I've been told that the male is a blue split to light blue and that the female looks like a blue split to green.

Also a question about splits.
What mutations in the ringneck world are recessive? and which are not?
Attachments
1932258_600606890025490_1934787119_n.jpg
smick

Re: What is my mutation?

Post by smick »

G'day Derkinkle, the cock bird must be split cinnamon which combined with blue gives you skyblue, Cinnamon is sex linked so any skyblue babies will be hens. Hens cannot be split , so she's just a normal blue. And a blue bird cannot be split to green but a green can be split blue. As for all the recessive mutations I'm not sure but blue series such as blue, violet blue, cobolt blue are if you go to gencalc it will give you a good idea on a lot of colours as to recessive or sex linked or dominate etc. Thanks Mick
wasimw2k

Post by wasimw2k »

What is it? Kindly someone help identifying this ring neck, it is 11 months old it has red eyes but can only be seen in sunlight, its father is albino and mother is blue
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Kappa

Post by Kappa »

Hi Wasim,

You only say the mother is blue, if she is also a pallid then paired with the albino they would give you a blue pallidIno, which is what your bird looks like.