clear head and tails

Moderator: Mods

smick

clear head and tails

Post by smick »

When they're are young can you see a visual difference between head and tails and just cleartails or are they allways combined,thanks smick
mikeb

Re: clear head and tails

Post by mikeb »

i don't think so i know that ch-ct babies will show clear tail but only the males get a clear head and not till about 2 years of age just like a ring
sheyd

Post by sheyd »

I believe that they're born with pink feet and clear nails (:
Ring0Neck

Post by Ring0Neck »

visual difference between head and tails and just cleartails or are they allways combined,thanks smick

head and tails and cleartails are 2 terminologies but it refers to the same mutation.
others also call it: white head white tail
all 3 names refers to same mutation to the newest accepted name: Cleartail
Reference: http://psittacula-world.com/EN/Mutation ... artail.htm

If you mean Clearheaded Fallow (Buttercups) they only get a white or yellow head at maturity, no white tail.
madas

Post by madas »

Chocobo wrote:I believe that they're born with pink feet and clear nails (:
Until last season this was my thought too. But then i got two youngsters with dark nails. :D

3 visual cleartail youngsters. one with light nails and two with dark nails.

same birds some days later:

madas

Post by madas »

smick wrote:When they're are young can you see a visual difference between head and tails and just cleartails or are they allways combined,thanks smick
As said before head and tails are cleartails. I think when you talking about head and tails you mean the males of the cleartail mutation. I did notice that you can see a difference between males and females after thier first moult (youth moult). See attached pics (both males).

After fledging:

Before first moult:

After first moult:

So far as i know females don't show the white neckring after first moult.

greetings.
sheyd

Post by sheyd »

madas wrote:
Until last season this was my thought too. But then i got two youngsters with dark nails. :D
they would have come as a surprise! :o (especially if all in the nest were to be 100% CT) :D
madas

Post by madas »

Chocobo wrote:
madas wrote:
they would have come as a surprise! :o (especially if all in the nest were to be 100% CT) :D
Yeah i was really surprised becaused i was always told cleatails are born with light feets and nails and so they are easy to identify in the nest.
And the other breeders who got cleartails with dark nails were not kind enough to share thier knowledge. :( But after i have told them of my
finding they said: Yeah we know. :twisted:
Recio

Post by Recio »

... they say "yeah we know" ... but they should have add "... but we did not understand it and prefere to rest silent ...". We should all be more humble and accept that there are a lot of things that, at present, we do not understand. Somebody ( I do not remember who or where I read it) said that knowledge is like a ball and the more you learn the bigger is the surface of contact with the "onknown". That's the more you learn ... more questions and doubts you have. So probably I am becoming a wise person because at present I have more questions and incertitudes than ever before.

Regards

Recio
Johan S

Post by Johan S »

madas wrote:And the other breeders who got cleartails with dark nails were not kind enough to share thier knowledge. :( But after i have told them of my
Also the reason, I believe, why to this day we still have questions about parblues and the variation we see in them. It's really a sad state of affairs when people are not communicating their findings/observations.
sheyd

Post by sheyd »

madas wrote:
Yeah i was really surprised becaused i was always told cleatails are born with light feets and nails and so they are easy to identify in the nest.
And the other breeders who got cleartails with dark nails were not kind enough to share thier knowledge. :( But after i have told them of my
That's the problem- people are so unwilling to help other's out- and when they know something you don't - they don't want you to find out! :evil:

I like this site though- lot's of knowledgeable (and helpful) people to learn from
ps- thanks for sharing your info on dark nails and feet on your visual CT's :)