indigo violet cleartail

Moderator: Mods

angeldc77

indigo violet cleartail

Post by angeldc77 »

I might be asking for a bit much, but I was wondering if anyone could post a pic of an indigo violet cleartail. I would like to compare it to the double violet turquoise cleartail that was posted. If I'm understanding the difference correctly there should be less green visible and more blue/violet.....right?
Ring0Neck

Re: indigo violet cleartail

Post by Ring0Neck »

Hi,

I doubt you'll find one.
I know some have Indigo Cleatails and said to be great lookin birds.
I'm awaiting on some pics but not violet.

There's a clear distinction in Pallids, i can upload some pics later as we are having heavy rain atm.

83IV

smick

Post by smick »

I think a indigo violet cleartail would be a very striking bird and I'm thinking I would like to try and breed this bird. My indigo blue cock was paired to a df violet blue hen but she was the only ringneck I lost on that dreadful hot, Friday, so I will, have to look for another violet blue hen first. That Friday cost me dearly 48 dec celcius and with a hotwind that blowed straight into my avairies there was no exscape from the heat.56 dead in total , worst hit were the finchs,36 gouldians, all canaries but one cock. And all other finchs but two different cocks, 3 young moustache parrots from 4 that just purchased 2 weeks before.
angeldc77

Post by angeldc77 »

I would enjoy seeing the difference in pallids. That's awefull about the the loss of so many birds.
smick

Post by smick »

Angelc77, I have started to put shade cloth on the roof of the shelters and I plan to install garden irigation tube with mist nozzles. One nozzle to wet the shade cloth above and a second nozzle poking into the start of each shelter and then its only mater of connecting garden hose on hot days. Only problem is like that Friday I was at work so it wouldn't have been turned on anyway. At least the shade cloth with a 25mm(1") air gap hould still drop the internal temp, but on that Friday the wind was blowing directly into the avairies so no escape.? The worst lose for me was the gouldian finchs 36 gone from a strong robust colony. I still have 11 but it will take years to build up the colony again.
Ring0Neck

Post by Ring0Neck »

Smick, Sorry to hear about your loss!

The main distinctive things i look for to diferentiate a Turquoise Pallid V Indigo Pallid
Indigo:
Head is whitish yellow
Black n white/cream neck ring
Reduction in visible psittacin in Indigo throughout his body, it looks more like a normal pallid with psitttacin visible on the wings mainly.
Willy's Indigo pair (hope it's ok)

Here's a Turquoise Pallid

http://parakeet.me/irn/f/turqpallid1.jpg

PS - Watch this car come out of storm foam, floods and strong winds still happening in QLD & northern NSW

http://www.news.com.au/national/ghost-c ... 6563558767

& another

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TQkxUdOKek
83IV
Johan S

Post by Johan S »

smick wrote:I think a indigo violet cleartail would be a very striking bird and I'm thinking I would like to try and breed this bird. My indigo blue cock was paired to a df violet blue hen but she was the only ringneck I lost on that dreadful hot, Friday, so I will, have to look for another violet blue hen first. That Friday cost me dearly 48 dec celcius and with a hotwind that blowed straight into my avairies there was no exscape from the heat.56 dead in total , worst hit were the finchs,36 gouldians, all canaries but one cock. And all other finchs but two different cocks, 3 young moustache parrots from 4 that just purchased 2 weeks before.
Hi Smick, that's terrible news! Sorry about your loss.
fionalouise1989

Post by fionalouise1989 »

I just noticed you are in Brisbane too Ring0neck! Hope you are keeping safe and away from those flood waters!! Thankfully no flooding where we are but did lose power for a day...
Keep safe!
Fi
Ring0Neck

Post by Ring0Neck »

Hi Fi,

Thanks,

I'm s-west of Brizzy (near Springfield), thankfully not too close to the river system, so other then the heavy winds and minor flash flooding (yesterday) it's all good here.
Others not so lucky, like the guys in Bundaberg, Hervey Bay biggest flood in their recorded history i understand.
i hope they are all good as i know a couple of breeders in these areas.
I hope they and their birds are well and safe.

Ben

fionalouise1989

Post by fionalouise1989 »

Yeah sounds like Ipswich is going to cop it again too. Im in Browns Plains so was never likely to flood thankfully just the power outages. Thoughts are definitely with those people in Bundaberg so sad :(

Sorry for hijacking your post there Angel
Fi
angeldc77

Post by angeldc77 »

No problem Fionna, I wish everyone the best. First one with a pic of an indigo violet cleartail wins!! :mrgreen:
Bird brain house

Post by Bird brain house »

In regards to the misting system for hot days, you can buy thermostatic switches like those used in incubators and cool rooms cheap on eBay. You program them with what temp you want them to turn on and off at. I have been looking into setting one up on a little pump to run a sprinkler system for my ferrets for the heat.
Ring0Neck

Post by Ring0Neck »

First one with a pic of an indigo violet cleartail wins!!
I think we'll have to wait at least 1 year for anyone to show us an indigo violet cleartail.
However i can show the next best thing. an indigoblue cleartail
For now i'll take the win till someone can beat me with a violet indigo CT :D

Bird/pic provided to me by Langybirds - 2012 bird

Click on the pic to enlarge.

http://parakeet.me/irn/f/069.jpg

http://parakeet.me/irn/f/0699.jpg
83IV