Indian Parrot and African LoveBird

Moderator: Mods

sackshir

Indian Parrot and African LoveBird

Post by sackshir »

Hi All,

I have a single African lovebird (whcih very active in nature) and recently got an Indian Parrot. So my Question is can we keep both the birds in One Cage?
julie

Re: Indian Parrot and African LoveBird

Post by julie »

I wouldnt, lovebirds and irns can be very aggressive when kept with their own species.
I noticed this is in mutations and genetics you arent thinking of breeding them are you?
angeldc77

Post by angeldc77 »

Yes you can as long as there are no best boxes and the cage is big enough.
ellieelectrons

Post by ellieelectrons »

I would imagine it would have to be a very, very, very big cage as they would definitely need their own separate spaces.

I had African lovebirds when I was a teenager and they can be quite aggressive birds even though they are so small.

IRNs can also be aggressive and are much bigger.

I think putting the two together in the one cage would be a mistake.

Ellie.
angeldc77

Post by angeldc77 »

I have mixed several bird species with ringnecks at different times in my old aviary, all of small to medium size. Some like the Cockatiels and grasslet's became victims while others like my Senegal were relentless in attacking the ringnecks. Itmy peach face and masked Lovebirds were fierce enough to defend themselves and small enough to not cause a need for aggression. I kept them together for two years before I moved out of that house. I sure miss that aviary.
Jordz

Post by Jordz »

Mine have been living in a cage for over 6 months now. I have a fischers love bird and a blue IRN.
i think they are in love.