New - need help with my ringneck.

Moderator: Mods

xx_sheena_xx

Re: New - need help with my ringneck.

Post by xx_sheena_xx »

Im so sorry for your loss.
He was lucky to have you, and so lucky to have you care for him while he was ill.
He is in a better place now
bec

Post by bec »

im so sorry for your loss!!!!
he knew he was loved
fly free tuti
R2bbit

Post by R2bbit »

Tuti has been set to his final rest. We burried him some time ago now. I will miss You, sweetie. Fly free!
R2bbit

Post by R2bbit »

I feel weird. Never before when a pet of mine has passed on have I cried so little, but for weeks. I don't know what this is, but maybe it's because I went out with a friend on a walk to get my thoughts to be somewhere else. Maybe I feel better now that I know that he has been burried and I've convinced myself that he is in a better place. But I just feel like a horrible person, because I can't seem to cry anymore..and I didn't much in the first place. What is wrong with me :(? Am I really cold as stone? I had him the longest and I'm not upset anymore..what do I do?
bec

Post by bec »

nothing is wrong with you i was the same when my own mother died
there was the first shock of loss then i ran on auto piolet fro about 6 months '
then i totaly fell apart!!!!
no 2 grieving processes are the same
you are doing fine
R2bbit

Post by R2bbit »

I just don't know anymore. I've now started blaming myself for so many things and that I could of given him so much more attention than I did and could of spent so much more time with him. I feel bad when I've got mad at him when he has screamed too much or when I have scared him. I'm just not used to this emty spot where he doesn't stand anymore. I can never hear him greet me when I come home like he always has. I can never hear him sing his own little song which was beautiful. I can never talk to him again or look at him in the eyes. I just feel so emty. One moment he was totally fine and just in two short days EVERYTHING changed and now he is gone. I feel so cold when I do my everyday stuff & often just daze off and forget things. I don't know what to do...I'm supposed to go back to school in a few days and I haven't even started with my assignements. I can't stand being in my own room when he is not here and I often find myself turning around and looking at his picture or at the emty spot behind me where his cage use to stand. He was a huge part of my life for 10 years and now...he is gone, just like that. I was wrong when I said I don't feel anything. I'm breaking into pieces and life is catching up with me. I just don't know what to do. I want him back here with me. I miss him so much it hurts.
bec

Post by bec »

you are moving through the grieving procees & sometimes it hurts so much your mind just shuts down to let you run on auto piolet so you can get through the day after having tuti for such a long time its no wonder your feeling his absence so sharply
i lost my gen jen quickly too i still cry when i look at her old pics posted here & i only had her for 1 1/2 years before she died
you did everything you could for tuti
he died knowing he was loved
Roxxy

Post by Roxxy »

You loved that bird and cared for it when it was ill. What your feeling is grief and all the complex emotions surrounding it.

I am sorry for your loss. I lost my bird last month and at times I feel guilt and anger at myself, but I know that I tried to do what was best.