New blue Indian ring neck 3 years old any tips and advice

Moderator: Mods

Justhayley2012

New blue Indian ring neck 3 years old any tips and advice

Post by Justhayley2012 »

Hiya I'm very new to Indian ring necks. I used to keep African greys! I bought a 3 year old blue male yesterday. He seems a pretty confident fella and try's to talk .I've not let him out of the cage yet because I want to give him a week or so to settle. He keeps squaking like a seagull though .Is this an attention thing? I've noticed he does it when food is around or possibly bored? I spend all day at home with him (unless obviously I go shopping) he comes to the cage for a kiss if I ask but I've not actually got close enough to kiss him (just incase he decides to hang off my lip ) I can put my hand in the cage to feed him but he goes to the other side of the cage so he's not finger tame yet. Any tips and advice on how to bring him on would be fab I've seen a few posts but other people's in put on having a bird etc would be fab. Also mirrors in a cage. Rio (my bird) has one in the cage he talks to it but seems more interested at times with the mirror and not us humans haha!
AJPeter

Re: New blue Indian ring neck 3 years old any tips and advice

Post by AJPeter »

It makes me sad to see birds with tiny mirrors, my bird has a bid mirror behind the cage she will talk to her reflection, but at least she can a whole bird talking back! You are doing the right thing the let him settle down the cage is his home, sit by the cage when your eat your meals with the cage door open he will come out and share your food but don't rush him. Squawking could that he is nervous and frightened, he might be calling for a mate. Does he stop when you are near the cage? Keep your face away from his beak.
MeloMelo

Re: New blue Indian ring neck 3 years old any tips and advice

Post by MeloMelo »

If he does the squaking thing when food is around maybe he is excited about food? My birds pace around on the perch and make noise when i'm eating something in gront of them. :D