Ringneck is Scared

Moderator: Mods

virginialuther12

Ringneck is Scared

Post by virginialuther12 »

Two-three months ago I bought an Indian ringneck, she's 2 years old approx. She was in a home where they banged on her cage and yell at her to shut up. when I went to the house to pick her up there was a dog chasing after her. I've had her in my house and she's not destructive at all. But when I go up to the cage she just makes a high pitch noise and tries to fly away. I really want her to know that I am not going to hurt her. To start viewing her in a friend I've been trying to nourish her apples. ill put the apples outside of her cage and she's relaxed enough to go out and grab one but then she goes right back in. she talks to me if I'm a definite distance away from her. but I don't really know where to start with training her. I know she has the ability to be a nice bird. does anyone know how I should go about this?
Virginia Luther,
Writer at online essay writing service
sanjays mummi

Re: Ringneck is Scared

Post by sanjays mummi »

Please don't give her whole apples, the seeds are toxic, they contain cyanide. Just spend time with her, sit beside her cage and talk to her, eat your food next to the cage and she will want to share suitable morsels, offer her a treat through the bars, let all your movements be slow,