Need Urgent Help

Moderator: Mods

M_BEECKEN

Need Urgent Help

Post by M_BEECKEN »

Hello Everyone
Today i recently brought home my 7-8 week old ringneck that was bred in an aviary.It only came out of the nest a couple of days ago. My goal is to tame it. Currently i tried to feed it baby bird formula. When i tried to feed it it was not cooperating and hardly took in any food (nearly 2ml). So my question is do i try feed it again tonight or not? Any help is greatly appreciated.
sanjays mummi

Re: Need Urgent Help

Post by sanjays mummi »

Sanjay was aviary hatched and parent reared, I got him at 8 Weeks old, he is now seven years old, why are you trying to spoon feed your chickster?, he/she should be fully weaned as Sanjay was when I got him. It's time to introduce fresh fruit and vegetables, hand taming could be problematic, I've never bothered to push it, my bird was semi feral, and terrified of hands, but accepts treats from my hands, that happened quite quickly, I am allowed to stroke his neck or breast, but he let's me know when he's had enough of that, I am totally against wing clipping, so he has free flight, It all takes time and patience, many novice owners expect things to happen overnight, but it doesn't work that way. First you have to build up trust and a rapport, Sanjay and I are bezzie mates, even if he doesn't sit on my hand or shoulder. :-bd