All about him i love! but only one part bothering me...

Moderator: Mods

y0d4a

All about him i love! but only one part bothering me...

Post by y0d4a »

Hello great community :)

We have Little Alexander (named "Aki") .. But one his behavior making me trouble...
we moved from house to apartment and now almost every morning when sun is rising he got "crazy" and start making one specific tone of his voice, which is so high and strong %-( , that wake us up and i am afraid that day will come when neighborhood will complain on him... i don`t want to happen that.
His "madness" is not new, he was doing that in house also, but i was have solution to make room darker and he don`t wake up when sun is rising :)
Now that is not easy possible (to make room darker), but if there is no other option to make him little quiet in that time, i will go for that option again...
I know that he is a bird and have all that needs, but also am sure that i can do something about that, maybe that is only period? :-?
He is 2 years old..

Do you have same "problem"? if yes, how you deal with it? :)

tnx.
sanjays mummi

Re: All about him i love! but only one part bothering me...

Post by sanjays mummi »

No, I've never had this problem, why?, because I cover the cage every night!,
y0d4a

Post by y0d4a »

ouch :/
i cannot do that, because i believe that is stressful for him and also i blocking fresh air to him...
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

It is Not stressful!, birds need darkness and security at night, I use a cotton cover, and air circulates through it. My bird is seven years old, I have covered him since he was 8 Weeks, and he now signals to me when he is ready for bed!. Please do some research,
y0d4a

Post by y0d4a »

al right, seems that i was wrong...
Tell me which material to use, which is breathable?
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Cotton is my choice, and if you're worried, only cover three quarters,
Lady-E

Post by Lady-E »

I tend to "punish" mine with cover when he's being naughty lol but he doesn't sleep with it because he gets scared of it and is really quiet in the morning, doesn't make a sound at all until we get up (which is pretty late btw lol) so he's being a really sweet bird about it but before him I used to cover all my birds at night, it's not a stress to them mostly and most of them like it in fact. I noticed my budgies tend to hide under really small cover on top of their cage just to get in darker spot to sleep there so I see no problem with covers. Although I'm not using it with my IRN it doesn't mean I won't start to if he starts screaming early in the morning lol for now he's being nice so are we :) but since yours behaves like that you should definitely cover him until you get up