Squeaking Oliver

Moderator: Mods

georgette

Squeaking Oliver

Post by georgette »

Help me please.
Oliver Indian redneck is between 5 and 6 years old. I have had him for almost 5 years. I never had problem with him prior, but within the last 8 months or so,,he has this horrible habit of squatting when I come home and or in the room with him, unless I cover him for bedtime.
What I have been doing every morning is putting him out in my Florida room so I don't hear him. I'm not crazy about doing this but I have not found a solution to his screaming.
Please send me suggestions, I feel some days that it is time to find him a new home, which is not my first choice, but he driving me crazy. My husband uses a squeaky ball if he starts up when I'm not home, but this doesn't seem to work for me.
MissK

Re: Squeaking Oliver

Post by MissK »

Hi. This is really a Sherlock Holmes situation for you. Something changed to promote this noise. What was it? If you can figure out the cause then you can try to work on the remedy. I know that's not helpful, and you probably already tried to figure out the cause and turned to the forum for answers when you had none. I'm sorry.

Have you looked at every aspect of his day to figure out when it starts? And what, if anything, stops it? By now it may just be a self-perpetuating habit.
-MissK
Dianne Saunders

Re: Squeaking Oliver

Post by Dianne Saunders »

Hi, maybe yout IRN likes the squeaky ball and is scretching back thinking it's a game. He may be bored. They are very intelligent birds and need alot of stimulation. get him some toys or foraginf toys to occupy him while you're at work. Hopw that helps.
Di