Strange behavior

Moderator: Mods

azgardezi

Strange behavior

Post by azgardezi »

Hi everyone. I last posted on this forum when I got my 50 day old Indian ring neck chick. It has grown up to be a graceful bird. :D :D . Bright colors and a lovely temperament. The ring has also started to emerge.

Lately I've started to notice something. It may not seem odd to many but to me it is quite odd (i've seen indian ring necks talk whilst perched on their owners hands). My IRN will only whistle (if I give it a secret signal) or say a word or two at max when sitting on my hand. It does raise its right paw and wave if I ask it to. When it is perched on my shoulder and I open the fridge to fetch water or anything else, it literally starts singing everything it has learnt. It will respond to my whistling immediately. When it is sitting in its cage it will keep talking to itself but will not communicate with me. Whilst sitting on my hand it either preens itself or just wants to go around and play. Little or no talking at all.

My IRN is a happy bird. Doesn't get scared. Plenty of handling and play time and gets good food.
sanjays mummi

Re: Strange behavior

Post by sanjays mummi »

Sanjay doesn't sit on me, but he gets really excited when he hears the fridge door open! He starts chortling, and head bobbing with excitement. Sometimes he responds to me when he is in his cage, but mostly interacts when he is out. I think they are just unique little characters, I don't find your birds behaviour abnormal by any means.
azgardezi

Post by azgardezi »

I got a new pair of shoes recently. I opened them up in front of my bird (named Chotu) and before I could appreciate the shoe, chotu threw in a few words of appreciation :o . You are right these birds are unique in nature. :mrgreen:
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

With Sanjay its parcels and packages! He absolutely Loves watching me opening then!