I lost my little boy Fidgit on saturday in the Rothwell area

Moderator: Mods

Fidgit_Green

I lost my little boy Fidgit on saturday in the Rothwell area

Post by Fidgit_Green »

hi guy, my little guy got away from me on saturday evening and i havnt seen him since.
if you are in the area or know someone in the area could you please keep a ear out for him please.

he is not used to anyone but me so he is unlikely to let anyone get close to him.
he is just coming up 3 years old,he is green/yellowish, he now has his ring and a blue tinge on the top of his tail.
he can talk, his main calls are "Hello baby" or "Whatcha doin"
he also says, "kiss, Mwah thank you" and "fidgits a good boy"

i am also ringing vets in the area and i will be making a flyer to post around the place.
if anyone can think of something else i can do that might help, i am open to suggestions.

i did think of recording myself saying the things that Fidgit says and playing them outside hoping he might come to it, do you think this would be helpfull at all?

thank you everyone
sanjays mummi

Re: I lost my little boy Fidgit on saturday in the Rothwell

Post by sanjays mummi »

I am gutted for you, I hope you are reunited soon. When my mums budgie absconded she left his cage out, door open, and miraculously the next morning he was back.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Put Fidgits cage out in the open when he can see it, keep using you calls he might answer, but the trouble is as soon as he has found he was free he would fly around and lose his bearings, nothing looks the same when you are 20 feet up, he may only gone to the nearest tree or house, I am very sorry to hear of your loss, how did it happen?
Fidgit_Green

Post by Fidgit_Green »

thank you for you replies.
it always helps when you know that there are others out there that do care and understand.

i have had his cage outside within the hour of loosing him.
what you said about things not looking the same from up in the air has been one of the main worries
going through my head the whole time.
i have taken him out for a walk to the shops a couple times in the past, so i can only hope that he might
recognize the area enough to stick around.

thank you guys.
MissK

Post by MissK »

I suggest you enlist help from people in the shops, especially those who are able to chat with customers and see a lot of them -- such as the grocery store clerks and and certainly pet shop clerks, and coffee shops. They can mention you lost your bird and direct people to one of your posted flyers. Certainly if anyone has seen and hoped to attract Fidgit, or even trapped him, they will be wanting some parrot food, and they'll have to buy it somewhere. I would ask pet shop clerks to alert anyone trying to select a bird food for a new bird to ask questions and mention you've lost yours, and your flyer. It might not be a bad idea to put on the flyer and tell people that Fidgit has a nasty habit, like he bites or he is really noisy, to discourage people keeping (stealing!) him. Use your own judgement on that. Best wishes!
-MissK
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

When you are so close to a pet it is heart breaking when they leave, l was with Billie in the bathroom trying to get her to have a shower but she sat on the curtain rail eyeing up the window which was more open than usual. I closed it quickly you cannot blame them for wanting to escape they are wild birds. Billie paid me back by pooping in my bath that is second best in her book to pooping down my back!
InTheAir

Post by InTheAir »

Sorry to read your story.
I'm afraid I don't have many suggestions.
Have you posted on parrot alert?