Billie2

Moderator: Mods

sanjays mummi

Re: Billie2

Post by sanjays mummi »

Crafty things, computers, probably the Japanese influence.
With me "Girls Brigade" was mandatory, coming from a Protestant (puritan) background, much later I joined the Red Cross, spent six years with them and ended up a tutor, I continued in the army. We had some really decent rain last night and this afternoon, the garden needed it.
Sanjay has been ignoring the new toy, but he will probably get around to it when he has more time. I hope you manage to bamboozle Billie into Not laying this year, it's a shame she can't be sterilized with medication like the feral pigeons and Capons. b-(
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

She may not lay this year l think it depends a lot in her diet and the amount of daylight hours she gets, this is why l am not too worried about her asking to be covered up early, mind you tonight she took the biscuit at 3 pm, l made her wait until 4 15 pm but as l was crunching the computer she sat under the covers grinding her beak! B-)

She is very possessive and wanted to come down on the organ and she stamped over the keys l recorded her but the lights were more attractive and l had to shoo her off but got a nip for my pains.

She had a lovely showeer this morning going right down the clothes horse and splashing water over herself, l tried to help with the splashing but that was too much howver l mananged to spray her she came out looking like a drown rat!
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Sanjays colours are always brighter after he has dried out after a misting. I got my issue of Parrot magazine, gosh, there's some very pretty parrot species, but you need to win the lotto to afford some of them, the shops are full of "Halloween" and "Christmas" stuff already, trying to panic people into buying early, but my mother in law always started buying christmas stuff in August!, I was so exhausted yesterday, I went to bed just after Sanjay did, woke up stiff with pain!, serves me right, ^#(^
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

I bought Bilie some new items for her to try she ate half a small red pepper, and l put half Passion fruit in a dish does Sanjay eat the seeds? Also some Kiwi fruit they got the cold shoulder.

The Sky is absolutely beautiful tonight talk about Shepherds delight!

I cut grapes out of her food list and after this corn cob has run out there will be no more until next year. However l was reading pear is good for them and although sweet it is fruit sweet, so I hung up a half she likes them really ripe, and she peels back the skin and milks the pear it fascinating to watch her jab her tongue out to pick up the juice, she had some cauliflower today which got the tongue test.

I had to go back down to the supermarket because l forgot the Greek yoghurt and what with a walk this afternnoon she has not seen a lot of me today, and maybe she wanted extra kisses at bed time she kept holding her head up for a kiss.

A nice hot bath with epsom salts would help you unwind.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

I don't have a bath, I have a disabled persons wet room, I cannot climb in and out of a bath. Sanjay Loves passion fruit, he drills through the shell and gobbles up the seeds, also papaya, I cut one in half and put it in his bowl on alternate days to half melon. Have you tried Billie on lemon or lime?, It's the seeds in peppers they love, Sanjay has the big pointy peppers and bell peppers, but isn't keen on the green ones, he likes Scotch Bonnet peppers too, so he drills into peppers and scoffs the seeds. There is always the empty peppers afterwards, apricots aren't too sweet, and plums, and the green apples aren't as sweet, what about Bramleys?.
It was a murky dismal day here, and much cooler. b-(
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

I do not know what is wrong with Billie today, when she is very angry with me she will fly with her beak open and grab my neck biting before flying off, some times l manage to duck and she flies back to the cage but today we were going about our business in the LR when a pigeon tried to land on the window cill which is 2" wide, a great flapping of wings which spooked Billie she took off and flew into the door landing at its foot l went across and put my hand down and she climbed on but as l lifted her she flew back to her cage.

Then she wanted to be covered up at 3 pm but l told her it was too early but relented 30 minites later by closing the top down, she sat on her door holding her beak up for a goodnight kiss, again and again so l told her a bed time story "Once upon a time there was a green parrot, the end!" I turned to get the blanket and she flew at me biting me on the neck, l was very cross and pushed a perch under her and put her into the cage and shut the door, and then l watched Tv ignorring her for an hour, but covered her up at 4 and watched Tv with head phones when it came to go to bed l just said "Good night" I usually say nite nite sleep tight, see you in the morning and other sweet sayings.

I think Billie is hormonal as it was 10 Oct last year she started to lay. I turn off lights early and sit in the gloom I am gradually winding down her food, but a new food she likes Scitch bonnets and red chillies. I do not like green apples and l get to eat them up, and no l have not tried lemon and limes I have them to put some into my fruit drinks. I will put apricots and plums on the shopping list. Now l know its okay to give her the seeds of Passion fruit l will give her a whole one, she was not keen on melon or Papaya. She still likes pomegranite but l only hang up a quarter at a time, l reinstated pear and she had a good time peeling the skin back and mopping up the juice. And she has ignorred the Kiwi fruit maybe its not ripe enough for her.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Sanjay gets peppers on a daily basis, plus they are rich in vitamin A for eyesight (as are walnuts), anything rich in seeds, but he makes an exception for ripe mango slices and apple. Also pineapple. When we visited the parrots at Henlow, their keeper told us parrots are Extremely fickle, a "kiss" can turn into a bite or nip in a second, it's just how they are, another reason I don't invest in the "bluffing" theory.
I was serenaded with a boofull toon this afternoon, very priddy coloratura, ooh, he Is so talented!, I even caught a few bars of "Colonel Bogey", :-bd
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Good old Sanjay!

I found out what that vicious assault was all about tonight, l keep the covers behind the settee out of sight and when l drew one out was when she attacked me, l think she perceives that spot as an ideal nesting site and will defend it to the last man (me) and tonight she l flew at me with her beak open as l pulled the cover out but l was able to ward her off, so l shall put her covers in the BR until she is over these hormonal attacks.

There was a willow stick in the bottom of her cage for donks but she shredded it last night, l have put another in to see if she shreds that, also she this year she greets me albeit bleary eyed from her sleeping perch but recently she has been on a lower pperch and when the attacks are very bad she crouches on the bottom of the cage.

So l have made more drastic alteration in her diet, but she really enjoyed a red hot chilli today she pulled all the flesh off and ate the seeds. I held the passion fruit up for and she reached out with her tongue and tasted it but was not impressed.

It was nearer 4 pm tonight when she wanted to be covered up, and l quickly covered her and sat in the dark and watched Tv with head phones what we do for them! Northern Parrots sent me their catalogue and l want a replacement lamp for the UV stand it has a habit of falling over and one day will break the bulb they cost £24.99 it was strange as yesterday l decided to go to Pets at home tp buy more millet seed but as l needed some Feather up l ordered millet from Northern Parrots and get free delivery for orders over £39.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

I got my Northern Parrots catalogue today too, I bought an extra UV bulb when I replaced the last one, three years ago, so at least we have a spare.
Oh dear, it looks as though Billies getting territorial. I spear passion fruit and hang it up, she would soon learn to drill into it. Sanjay still has a few prickly pears in the fridge, they last really well. They're not particularly sweet, very much like melon but choc full of seeds. It's odd how Sanjay, if female, doesn't behave like Billie, yet crouches and clucks like a female and has No collar. Seven years old next month, I assume his environment discourages it, :!!
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Maybe he is bi==, I read that passion fruit is very high in calories, so l have taken that off the menu. Instead of the corn cob l hung up a Kiwi fruit and Billie tucked into so that is a success, she ate the orange bonnet seeds so she will get a pepper every day now. Have you tried getting Sanjay to sit on a stool or clothes horse? Or what about those perches with a sucker on the end Sanjay could join you in the shower, or are you too modest to lets a male parrot see you naked?
I say to Billie when l change my clothes "No peeking!"

NP did not have the Acadia lamp in stock ao to keep my order value up l aggreed a delivery about N0v 1st, I ordered Feather Up, two bags of millet spray, saves having to go to Pets at Home its a 2 - 3 hour trip by bus.

I quite like the corner cage, but it will mean resiting the shelf in m y LR and it does not have seed catchers, and a sl am undecided l have not bought it.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Seed catchers aren't much good in a corner, I just use broadsheet newspaper with the edges folded up against the bars. As for millet, Maltbys store do a Huge bag of 10" millets for about six quid, Order via amazon.co.uk.
It's been a gorgeous day again, I'm having my flu Jab tomorrow, and they've forecast rain.
No, I don't have a clothes horse, I don't need one, and I gave the so called shower perch away, he wouldn't use it, as for showering with me, he wouldn't be able to find his way home from the wet room, Sanjay doesn't "do" shoulder rides.
Yes, he loves kiwi fruit peeled and skewered, a whole days rda of vitamin c. :-bd
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Billie discovered a fig today, l would not cover her at 2 pm so she attacked the half fig and spent 15 minutes gorging it,
I managed to make her last out until 3.45pm but as l watched Tv there a lot of huffing and puffing followed by tut tuttering when at last she went quiet. And l went for my walk at 4.45 but she was fast asleep when l got back. Had stew with rice today one of the new ones with pearl barley abolutely delicious!

We had a lot of rain today, did you get any of it? The corner cage did not have seed catchers but l thought if l bought a new cage it might be nice to have seed catchers, they would catvh Billie's poop as well, is the corner cage in NP brochure like Sanjay's cage? What l need are some large cuttlefish bones. Billie was on a middle perch this morning and although l put in new cuttlefsih bone she has not touched it. She watched as l folded the covers and put them on a chair in the LR, she did not touch them but she was more concerned when l cleared out the space behind the settee and hoovered it and pushing the A/c into the space, in a small flat you have to utilize small spaces. Three weeks and l will drag the winter clothes out of their cubby hole and stash the summer clothes there in instead.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

The corner cage in NP is the one he Used to have but couldn't fly around in, also, the roof is a spring one, and daddi had a devil of a job getting it on, he had to tie rope to it and lean against a wall to pull it on. This one is the biggest indoor corner cage with a screw on flat roof. I had my flu jab today, I was late, I discovered it now takes me longer to walk down to the surgery, sigh.
I always pack away my summer clobber on Oct 31st, Samhain, which means Summers end, and unpack my winter clobber, I have a big suitcase on top of my wardrobe., I also give my flat a thorough clean and hang winter curtains, I have an Ottoman in my bedroom for curtains and bedspreads, we had rain this morning but a gloriously sunny, warm, afternoon and evening. Won't cuttlebone encourage Billie to lay eggs?, :ymsigh:
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Gosh thank you for reminding me, l put pieces of paper down on the landing to remind me and l had forgotten but okay now, my flu jab is on Wednesday at 1.30 of course l could still forget to look at it, like this morning l did not take my reading glasses dwon with me to play the organ amnd the preacher is a music teacher and wanted me to play two hymns as a duet her on the piano and me on the organ, Luckily l keep a spare pair dwon there but l had to squint like mad,

Billie scoffed half a fig in two sittings, she hung on until 4 pm before asking to be covered and so l quickly covered her and then went out for a walk, it was midge feeding tme and l was on the menu! All of a sudden it has gone quite cold. Glad you told me about the cage, this one she has was quite a beast to put up and l think it will do her for awhile longer.

I have a otterman on the landing above the stairs and the winter curtain reside in there they are red and thremal so keep the heat in and the light out, the ones up at the moment are summer lined curtain but allow light in, I also keep winter coats there in too,

My flat only gets a clean when it needs it, l had to vacumnn the stairs the other day the first time in ten years but to look at them now you would think it was ten years since l last vacummned them. Billie has a cuttle fish bone there all the time she needs calcium when she is in a moult too. The willow stick did not get the chew job and she was sitting on a perch this morning by her seed bowl. She likes the tubular pellets but she has so much choice, the blackberries did not get a look in and now are off the menu. [-x
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

There is now a shingles jab for over seventies, people my age aren't supposed to get shingles, forsooth!.
My winter curtains are red, like mother like daughter, anyway, we pay cleaning contractors via a service charge for weekly communal cleaning, the previous ones were so poor via attendance, I used to do it, these come every Monday without fail. I have reading glasses, can't see with them but can't see without them either!. I gave Sanjay pink grapefruit today and he quite enjoyed a few nibbles. :-bd
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Well l am 77 and get shingles from time to time; but l have psorius and that is worse than shingles! A cold but sunny day Billie went to bed at 3.50 pm l do not mind as long as she does not start laying eggs. She is very interested in the Burkha fig, but ignores the kiwi fruit l even peeled it for her, She also lovess the half pear l hang up for her she peels the skin back and milks it for the juice, good vitamin C she does the rounds first seeds then apples then pear and so on
she eats like a horse l must weight her soon l expect she will weigh a ton!

Funny enough my winter curtains are red too, with a red sofa bed, but my friend Anthony did not like them and gave me some curtains from his caravan what are white with flowers, did you get the rest of the pink elephant?
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Pink elephant?.
We had a gorgeous day, the sunshine was lovely and hot, my pansy plants arrived (from Jersey) and I planted up my window boxes, tulip and miniature narcissi first, then the pansies. Sanjay has pineapple chunks (fresh, not tinned) with raspberries and apple slices, he loves sucking the juice out of pineapple. He scoffed two hard boiled eggs too!, I warned him he'd be egg bound, but he turned a deaf ear. :-bd
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

OOPS! Pink Grapefruit.
OOPS!2 Bursa black figs
Two boiled eggs!?! If you are not careful he will swell up like a BABOON and smell like on too, I treid grapefuit on Billie but she did not like it, she does not like peanuts either. That hormonal stint she had last week has gone, she is just her adorable self again so the change in diet helped. She holds her head up for good night kisses, and l cover her up as soon as she ask which today was 3,30 pm. I sat dwon to watch Tv as it was too early to go for a walk and got engrossed so squeezed a walk in after dinner.
It is weigh day tomorrow l hope and l can hold the weight at 12 st and 4 lbs although l would like to lose a little more and 37 3/4 " waistI would love to see 36"
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

I know, if wishes were horses, beggars would ride, sigh.
No, he hasn't swollen up etc, and he rarely gets hard boiled egg, it's a once in a blue moon thingy. Today is fig and prickly pear day, he has loved monkey nuts since he was a chickster, it was funny at first because he didn't realise they contained Two peanuts, he'd scoff one then discard the shell, now he is quite nifty at turning it over to get the other end open.
It's been a beautiful day again, but the nights are noticeably cooler. Santa returned today, he's been away for months, I was beginning to wonder if he'd died or abandoned his flat. Maybe now, he will hibernate! @-)
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Billie gets a half fig every day and today after she had scoffed it she turned her attention to the 1/4 Kiwi which was very ripe, she also ate a red pepper, and bit into a chilli but discarded that maybe it was too hot, she has gone off Blackberries and orange segments apple is still okay, but rather strangely she loves the green pellets, had my flu jab today they made me wait 30 minutes, which is Billie time she was pleased to see me back and at 3.30 pm l started to cover her up with out being asked. She takes a great interest im helping pull the cover over and just before it dropped over she wanted loads of bed time kises, she holds her head upand l kiss her on her beak.

We never see tiger nuts nowadays l used to love those along with bags of Butterkist.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Gosh! I remember tiger nuts, you're right, I haven't even seen them in the health food shops. Sanjay isn't keen on pecans, even though they taste the same as walnuts. Actually, parrots don't taste hot things like we do, so I doubt the pepper was too hot, maybe just not ripe enough.
Another gorgeous but chillikins day, I always know when Santa is home, his cooking stinks the communal area out, and I mean stinks, it Never smells appetising, I have to take the neutradol spray to it, ew!. Today it was meat being boiled in water, no onion etc, really unpleasant.
Sanjay has kiwi and apple slices, sweet corn cob, and his usual peppers, it was papaya day too. I gave him pumpkin yesterday and he quite enjoyed it. :-bd
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Bad smells are very unpleasant, the women down stairs Claire before this one used to cook salt fish which stank my flat and also her bedroom under mine smelt ghastly when she openned her windows, but Emma is quite good in that repsect, she does cook curry which is not too bad.
I put a quarter of Pomegranite on a spike and l took it down today as it has been there for a week and put it in a bowl and Billie ate most of it, so l hung a newe quarter up, she really enjoys the pear half a hung up, peeling back the skin and milking the juice. She did not like papaya or citrus fruits l reckon she has a sweet tooth.
Today l took down the summer curtains and hung up the red velour thermal ones, Billie wanted to help as fast as l put in a hook in she pulled it out but was content to play with that while l put in the other hooks, as she went to bed the sun was very low in the sky and shone in so the new cuartains are a good black out.
You are right about ripe, when the pear is not ripe enought she leaves it alone, and it is the same with peppers
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

You can buy 6 to 10 inch cuttlebones, at approx £8.00 for a pack of five from Amazon.Co.uk.
Papaya is quite sweet, but not too sweet, but it's the little black peppery seeds they go for.
I'm waiting until the end of the month to change the curtains and bedspread, the sun is really splendiferous still. The guys in flat 1 are getting a bit naughty, coming home in the wee hours and making a racket, if it continues I will be forced to complain, I've already spoken directly, so they can't say I have gone behind their backs.
^#(^
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

For the last few years we have had a cold snap followed by another Indian summer so l am waiting like you for the end of the month before l dragiyt the winter clobber, but already Billie is enjoying the black out she wanted to be covered at 2 pm! But l kept telling her it was too early but relented at 3.30 pm and l went for a walk soon after. She ripped the cuttlefish bone out of it crook and it lay on the bottom of the cage uneaten, she is still sleeping on her top perch. after Oct 14 the next hurdle to cross witll be late December when she first started ro lay three years ago, and then January when she laid last year, it it is looking good, no paper shredding, no looking for a nest site, no on the floor although she keeps looking.

Thanks for info, but l have several left and small ones might do, as l lodged a small one into the frame and she so far has ignorred it. i-) I slept 15 hours last night and already l am feeling tired, might go to bed early again tonight.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

I can never manage more than eight hours, as I wake up in pain, and stiff joints, once I start moving around and take my painkillers I'm fine. These dark chilly nights make you want to hibernate tho'.
Sanjay decided to have a sing song when my daughter phoned today, huge amusement as he has a repertoire which sounds like someone firing a gun, he's been listening to westerns!, good news about Billie, maybe the thought of a visit to the vet and a suture has put her off. I remember a huge Newfoundland in the waiting room, he lay on ths floor refusing to move, and it took five grown men to shift him into the consulting room, It's like I told them, with an animal that size it's mind over matter, They don't mind and we don't matter! :-bd
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

I wish my sleep was contiuous but l wake up every two hours or so depending onhow much l have drunk the last time a sip and it is two hours a swallow more like one hour but l go straight back to sleep so l count it as one. :-bd

The trouble is that Billie does not like me watching Tv when she is covered she tuts and calls out from under the covers.
Today l managed to get her to wait until 3.30 pm but l get a furious shaking of the babble ball and bell, a strident call and a lot of huffing about. She is very jealous of the telephone and will make an awful lot of noise as l try to speak to someone, but when l offer the the phone to say hallo she is struck dumb.

I suppose getting up to check the plumbing every hour or so stops the joints from freezing up. Its not very cold here, l have the window open and just a gentle cool breeze is coming in, my freind in Florida told me that Matthew did not hit her too hard. \m/
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Someone should sort Matthew out! Fancy hitting a woman! ^#(^
I wonder if your prostate is being a bit naughty?, daddi drank a lot of tea, and had to visit the loo a few times at night. Santa is still stinking the communal area out with his idea of haute cuisine, I'm sure it was tripe this evening, ew!.
Sanjay Hates the nylon "feather" duster, he mobs it!, really ferociously, they're pretty intimidating birds aren't they?, no wonder they do so well when they live outside, his menacing would make a crow blanch! :-bd
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Crows are nice people :ymhug: and you are right not many birds would withstand our parrot's beaks, there us nothing wrong with my prostrate, l just drink too much at bedtime and during the night. l suppose l get up 4 or 5 times during the night. Cooked a nice Shepherds pie tonight very filling. Colder tonight l will put on the electric blanket, l wonder why it is called an electric blanket it could hardly be a gas one! =))
What do you use to combat the stink? I keep Emma's stink out by keeping the windows tightly shut. How are your poles?
The good job about living on the groundfloor you dont get stunk out by the flat below you,
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Gosh l have been a member for three years! Seems like only yesterday. Still it has been good to keep the flag waving **==
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

I use neutradol spray in the communal area. The Croatians have jammed another light switch because the new ones weren't staying on long enough for them, tough, I will get it replaced, I don't see why I should be kept awake all night by light shining into my bedroom. It was my birthday today, just another day tho', I really should stop counting!. Daddi liked his electric blanket, I don't use one, I tend to get a bit too warm, but I've been switching the heating on at night and turning it down at bedtime, another beautiful day, and red sunset, and with shopping tomorrow I am very hopeful it will be a lovely day again, the residents association are having their plant sale soon, ha! I've done all my autumn/winter planting, so I won't be lining their coffers!.
Sanjay has been very vocal today, priddy toons and chortles, he doesn't huff puff and tut like Billie, oh, he's still sort of moulting, he has a tiny patch of cuticles on his head which need combing!.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Happy Birthday! :ymhug:
I have made a note in my diary all l have to do is remember to look! I like a cold bedroom, when l first moved here the downstairs neighbour was Winston and he virtually lived in his bedroom and kept the gas wall heater on all hte time it was too hot for me so l bought a sofa bed and moved into the LR, but of course now with Billie keep me awake when she starts banging around in the morning, so l no longer sleep in the LR but l have kept the sofa bed for guests who want to stay the night.
Here l am in the BR with a summer duvet over my kneees warm as toast. I had a baked potato and a beef burger tonight but l made the gravy too runny, l hate runny gravy. Are your winter curtains blackout? I have a blackout blind in the bedroom, but unfortuanately it traps the heat in. The curtians are lined but do not keep the light out.
I use Billie's mirror to comb my hairs and l offer to comb her feathers but all she is interested in is biting the comb! We had a visitor today one of the housing officers came to look at our recycling bins which certain people do not sort their rubbish so the council refuse to empty the bins, when he turned to leave Billie tried to fly on his shoulder either she was confused or arttacking him but he was so startled he raised his arm and that scared Billie off.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Some people are scared of birds flying near them. I have blackout curtains and blinds. I keep my bedroom window open all year round, but if it turns Arctic I close it.
Passion fruit today, and Sanjay is a very happy little person, they had a very interesting edible toy in Wilko, consisting of vegetable and alfalfa, it hangs up and has a bell at the bottom, Sanjay thinks it is great! :-bd
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

You will need to close your bedroom window this weekend as the weather men are predicitng snow on high ground and xold weather, but a warm spell will follow. l was so cold this morning on the way to the shops l bought a woolly scarf and hat, mine are all packed away with the wintrr clothes.

Contractors came today and emptied some of the recycling bins, l thought they would come back to finish the job but they never did. Now we shall have to wait and see whether the recent warning takes effect, but l cannot see the housing dept taking acrtion against the culprits who mix their rubbish.

I was taking my walk after Billie went to bed but found that time was too limited so l have changed the time to mid afternoon but as soon as l got back she wanted her bicky and bed but l made her last out for bed untik 3.30 pm. Our Wilko is not very enterprising with parrot toys. Passion fruit has very high calories.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Calories are not a problem with the amount of flying Sanjay does every day!, and fortunately I live in East Anglia which is the flattest area in the UK, no high ground here.
If we get snow it isn't until January/February. These beautiful days are a real treat, I predicted an Indian Summer, the sun is lovely and warm here. Sanjay has slices of williams pear, he loves it, but isn't keen on Asian pears. And has a satsuma, he has eaten a big hole in it!, Daddi had a beautiful red "dents" scarf, lambswool, he cherished it for years. :-bd
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

I thought you lived in Bedfordshire? Or is that East Anglia? :-?

I used to wear a lot of cravats but my psoris put paid to that, l like to wear a beanie keeps my bonce warm, needed the hat and scarf today it was decicedly chilly outside.

I tried to get Billie to try a strawberry but she refused to take a nibble even though l kept saying Mmmm! After she asked to go to bed l covered her cage partially but she refused to allow me to close the door so in the end l used a perch to put her inside while l closed the door.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Bedford Is in East Anglia., and East Anglia was part of the Netherlands before the UK broke away from the continent.
Sanjay used his millet holder as a swing today!, I can remember a time when he avoided anything which moved like the plague!, now he loves hanging off things, even upside down!. I reported the light switches today, I'd had enough, the communal area cleaners jam it really hard, I have to nip up and prise it free with a screwdriver.
Yes, the days are fresher, but touch wood I haven't needed a coat just yet. :-bd
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Cor! Strike me pink! I never knew that. Cold today I nearly chickened out and got the winter clothe but the long range forcast is looking warmer for a few days so will wait. Billie hates things that move, she has a swing suspended form the ceiling l have put her up there but she looked petrified, but she never tries to fly up there,

There is nothing worse than have those switches go off when you are half way between them, they are adjustable and could stay on longer. Did you buy Parrots thios month?
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

I don't get my issue until around the 21st of the month. There is just one flight of stairs and plenty of time to go up or down, but the cleaners jam the switches for vacuuming, rather than just switch them on again. The wind feels a bit fresh, but I rarely leave the house, I've got a fleece lined WRAC Veteran.hoodie, it has the regimental motto on the sleeves, suavitor in modo, fortiver in re, (gentle in manner, resolute in deed), the lioness badge on the front with "proud to have served", anyway, it's ideal for this sort of weather, I've found that when I wear it, gentlemen give up their seats for me on buses, and shop assistants fall over themselves to help!, it's quite humbling.
Sanjay isn't humble, and is impossible to offend or insult!, he's just plain cheeky!, that's another reason I love him so much, :-c
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Billie dived bombed a housing officer who came to vist last week, and so this week l was not going to take any chances when the gas fitter came for the annual check up, he likes the gas fire in the LR turned off early and so l heated the LR with a halogen heater it did a good job, I shall have to play the organ for rembrance Sunday another man who is 6 months younger than me did his NS in the same unit RACS as a driver and was posted to Germany, he was green with jealousy when he learnt l had 112 days leave the first year and 132 days the second year, I was a clerk at Sandhurst,

But he gets up my nose as he wears his uncles medals, and a blue sky berry, still the congregation like it, I am waiting for a big delivery form Northern Parrots with two bags of millet sprays, the hold up is the Acadia replacement lamp, but it is touch and go if we run out before the delivery date beginning of November I bought 3 from Wilko to eke out our supplies Billie only gets two a week.

Glad your Hooodie earns some repsect, so many people now a days dont show any but it is NICE when l get offered a seat on a bus!
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

As long as he wears his uncles medals on the correct side! A few years ago a guy was caught Pretending to be a veteran, someone spotted he wore medals he couldn't possibly have earned, in some weird order, and outed him as an imposter, then there was the time an old guy tried telling me he'd served in Vietnam! And he was English, I asked him if he was a mercenary, and he said no, he was with an infantry regiment out there, why do people lie?.
We didn't have Any servicemen or women in Vietnam!. I keep meaning to get a small halogen heater, in case my boiler packs up, it's usually in the colder months. By the way, Wilko do a much bigger range of toys etc on their website, a lot cheaper than NP. b-(
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Lie? People boast and stretch the truth a little, every one wants to feel important and boasting gives them that opportunity. Billlie is not intio toys l keep changing hers around she looks them over and then ignores them. She has gone off peppers, still loves the Bursa fig half l give her every day but she makes it quite plain when she does not wnat something in her bowl she carries it to the top of the cage and throws it as far as she can!

Ant when he was alive dragged me around to all the cemetries where his relatives were buried so her could replace the flowers. And after his death l regularly went to the Cemetary where his ashes were scattered on the their parents grave. But after his sisters death l gave up going. It used to take 5 hours to get there on three buses. But l have never liked funerals and did not go to his in fact l do not intend going to mine.

Hardware shops sell those small heaters they cost about £20, l thought you had a fan heater/cooler? If not for yourself then for Sanjay. I went for a walk around thepark this afternoon it was lovely and sunny l had left the gas fire pn low but what with the sun the temp had risen to 84 F, Billie loved it. She wanted to go to bed at 2.20 but l thought that was taking the biscuit and made her wait until 3 pm.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

These tiny fan heaters gobble up the electricity, a halogen might be better and more economic to run.
Sorry, I disagree, people Do lie, and it can cause a lot of misery for others, furthermore, the liars often get paid in compensation for being believed, it's a bete noir of mine.
Lovely sunny day here, but it is raining now, supermoon tonight, but we won't be able to see it for cloud if this weather keeps up, (it's the "Hunters moon").
Sanjay has his moments, he can ignore a toy one minute, then make it his bezzie mate the next, but as far as he is concerned, you can't beat a good bell, he loves bells!, b-(
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

If you meet someone you know or find out are liars thens you know not to trust them in future, l talk to many Alchoholics and one thing they have in common is there is no tomorrow with them. I do not lend money but often they will say "Lend me £5 l will give it back tomorrow." And they forget no l say to them it is against my religeon to lend but l will give you what ever they ask for, but oh no they do not like that, it smacks of charity.

I try to go out for a walk around the park every day but it nice to see the trees gradually change colour, the horse cheshnuts are alreadys hedding their leave and the beech are becoming rather red in the face, but the oaks are holding on to the colour.

Billie bangs her babble ball and bell when she is cross or l wont do what she wants, she ate the pepper today but threw out the orange segments. First thing in the morning she loves having a play at grabbing the covers as l fold them this gets her juices running and she poops nicely.

400 watts on a halogen is quite warm some have three bars each 400 watts and they churn out a lot more heat than a 1 kilo watt bar fire, our gas fire is best it churns out masses of heat and quicly brings up the temps to 80-84. I leave it on pilot for Billie and it takes the chill off the room. :ymapplause:
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

In one married quarter we had storage heaters, terrible things, the heat ran out after just a couple of hours, And they were expensive to run, abroad was best, we had central heating. No, I won't lend money or give to a beggar, including chuggers, I buy my poppy stuff from the RBL shop. Chestnuts should be on sale soon, Sanjay will be very pleased!.
The moon did show her face last night, very beautiful. We had heavy rain again this morning, but not for long and it's set to be sunny again tomorrow, and 60° F. Shopping tomorrow, so I'm pleased about the forecast. :-bd
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Parrots is in, some interesting articles one on on Sprouting, with a neat little boiler The Sprouter, l remember Tesco did some sprouting seeds and Billie liked them, she also like mustard cress seeds and all, The Sprouter costs £79 with free delivery from Garden Feathers bird supplies I shalkl buy one tomorrow morning alomng with some Grape seed extract which is used to stop fungus. Other articles include theives who target house whre they can hear the parrot, another article on fresh food is best and hiding walnuts in twists of paper, also an article against wing clipping with horrendous photos other wise not much for us. \m/
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

The grapeseed extract in fresh grape seeds prevents feather plucking too. Sanjay isn't keen on sprouted seeds, I bought the Jamie Oliver ones from homebase once. A workman we once had, owned an African Grey, and thieves stole him, the guy said there was so much human blood everywhere the bird must have put up one hell of a fight!.
I like the news snippets in the magazine, there was one, ages ago, about some wild parrots that had eaten windfall fruit and were completely legless where it had fermented!, a great visual!.
A glorious day for this time of year, Sanjay had a lovely sing song this afternoon. :-bd
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Well l ordered The Sprouter from Feathered Friends and there was a bird singing in the background which l thought made a nice touch, a bit expensive nearly £100 but that is what credit cards are there for, also my order from Northen Parrots has been despatached another £60 on top of buying £100 at the supermarkets a very expensive day! I bought some water cress for her.

Billie demmolished a larger cuttle fish bone l had jammed into her upper perch and ate it! She is looking for a way down to the floor by hanging on to the edge of the door, so her hornones are still running high. I hang the top of a carrot up and she is enjoying that but mostly she does not eat vegeatables. She is very vocal, and also very possessive l only have to walk ot the door and she is flying to my shoulder.

She hung on until 4 pm before asking to be covered and then would not go in, and when l ignorred her she rang her bell furiously. Room Service? =)) It has turned quite a lot colder l shall be glad to get my winter coats out of storage.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

60° F here during the day. The sparky came to un jam that light switch and we had an argument, He insisted the outside security light had a motion sensor, and it definitely does Not!, if a hall light is switched on it comes on, but that's all, I pointed out He does Not live here, I Do, anyway, he found out by trial and error, but didn't apologise.
The only veg Sanjay eats are peppers, sweetcorn, cavolo nero and brassicas, he won't eat carrots etc.
Scarletts parrot supplies have Macaws, their "staff", they try out all the products, and Scarlett and her hubby are very friendly, next day delivery too. We have Never stinted on money when it comes to pets, if it's affordable they have it, so I cannot judge you for spending lots of quids on Billie. \:D/
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Good. :D The Sprouter came today it is a bit big! About 15" high and a foot wide, black and the instrucution sheet said do not use washing up liquid to clean it so l have ordered F10 or was it F7 for delivery tomorrow have placed some seeds in a glass tumbler to sprout over night, they say sprouts should take up 50% to 80% of her diet, l shall have to take her seed bowl out at lunch time to get her used to eating them, she is very inquistive when the box she wanted to help unpack it.

Billie nibbled the water cress plant so l am still hope full she will like the sprouts, as you say why not spend the money on her, l do not have children or grandchildren to worry about,

Yesterday l had an attack of cysitus l get these every two years or so, great pain in passing water and frequent trips to the loo, but no blood this time, drank a whole carton of cranberry juice yesterday but that came to 450 calories bang goes my diet! Cut back today. Better today.

I have a wall heater in the bedroom l put it on to take the chill off the room but forgot and now it is 72F in here hope it cools down for sleeping.

DO NOT UPSET THE WORKMEN! They night not come back, I was asked otday if the file on Emma could be closed I said yes, But reported my neighbour next door for noise he is a young man, the previous housing officer Lyette spoke to him and l have spoken twice to him so hpe fully he will get the message.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

The workman upset me!. After all that I hope Billie likes sprouted seeds, because, regardless of what the experts say, Sanjay won't touch them. Cystitis is nasty, one of our puppies had it, the vet gave her an injection and antibiotic tablets, as soon as the tablets were finished, it came back, so I gave her Homeopathic Cantharis 30c strength, it cleared up immediately and never came back, I went to the market today, my Asian stall had guavas, prickly pear and bitter gourds, so that really was worthwhile. That's himself stocked up!, I bought a rugby ball papaya too, it works out cheaper than the small pear shaped ones from tesco, b-(