Billie

Moderator: Mods

AJPeter

Billie

Post by AJPeter »

I wanted to sit out in the garden today but l have determined to wait for the leaves on the trees to make an appearance so Billie and I can have some shade.

She does lack confidence, but the swing hangs from the ceiling above her cage and when she is ready she can try it out. Went shopping today and bought some puppy biscuits and aslo some ovals, l gave her an oval she took one bite and dropped it yuk! But she chewed the puppy biscuit, l also bought some gorgettes she had fun whittling one. I aslo bought some Ryevita but she is not keen.

She was sitting on the cage at its highest point and saw through the window our neighbour go past, she stood on tip toe and called but Emma just kept on walking.

She likes a bit of rough play before bed but tonight she was tired and went up to her perch with no play. Must be the weather.
sanjays mummi

Re: Billie

Post by sanjays mummi »

The weather is beautiful here, and the trees are covered in blossom and new foliage. It only seems like yesterday the Winter Solstice was celebrated. Sanjay likes to rip Courgettes to bits, no seedy like bitter melon, but he won't touch that unless the inside is red, how he knows beats me, I can't tell just by looking at them, he obviously can! Clever clogs.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Billie likes sweet potato but not with white flesh. She allowed me to rub her beak this morning but when l tried to reach round and scratch her neck she bit me. I shut her in the cage and went for a walk but when l got back l did nt dare to scratch her neck again but l let her out.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Wuss!, I don't blame you, once bitten and all that. It was like summer today, Billie missed a treat. We had pretty much the same sort of day, tomorrow a guy is coming to fit a new garden tap, but I doubt if Sanjay will really notice, he used to go spare if anyone was in our little front garden, but he is desensitised now, and doesn't give a flying fig!.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Some days are diamonds but today started badly, Billie was sitting on the bottom of the cage when l uncovered her which is not a good sign, and everytime my hands came near her cage she lunged at them, but later in the morning she was skinny dipping her swimming pool so l took pity on her and walked to the door and waited. She came out and flew to my shoulder, and into the bathroom we gaily sailed.

She sat on the top perch and got quite wet, l sprayed her as well and she was happy to ride on my shoulder back to the living room. Normally she flies to her cage but she stuck like glue as l sat down and she reached around and kissed me on my lips as a apology for her bad behaviour this morning.

Tonight she wanted to be covered at a very early time of 4 pm so l was happy to do this as she has been such a good girl, first she gets a light weight cover, and she happily noshed until at 4 30 pm she wanted to covered fully. Perhaps my downstairs neighbour woke her up last night but any way she was fast asleep before you could say millet spray under water on a Christmas day!
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

The man came, and it was a liturgy of problems, the tap only had a bit of rust inside causing the problem, but it was one thing after t'other, and he had to go buy pipe and connectors, later, he had to dash off for a doctors appointment, then he came back and finished half done to pick his progeny up from school, it will cost me an extra twenty quids more than his original quote. I got quite stroppy because he kept referring to it as a diy job, which it wasn't, a tradesman like himself installed it a few years ago. I dislike people who consider themselves superior to others in the same line of work. Anyway, my little sweetheart was as good as gold, he waited ever so patiently for the tap man to go away, so he could come out for a flutter by, and fresh nibbles etc. hopefully tap man won't be here for long tomorrow., I'm disabled so I cannot lug full watering cans out there. It had to be done, sigh.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

I cannot remember the last time l asked a tradesman to fix something, usually l yell down the phone at the works department of our HA to come and fix it and they do, however 20 years ago l bought a ceiling fan it cost £16, it made the LR nice and cool but the following year the gas fitter in the annual test said either the fan goes or l shut down your gas fire. Evidentally the fan interfered with the exhaust of fumes.

I asked the HA to move my fan and they said l would have to pay their electrian a nonimnal amount to have the fan relocated in the BR, That cost me £30!! However when he moved the fan he was upset at my atempt to install it. The wires were too short from the ceiling so l put an extension on. (I know a thing or two about electiricity mostly if you put a screw driver into this hole you get an almighty bang and an electric shock!)

I have had the fan in my BR room for the last 20 and it does stirling work but it is very noisy, but not as noisy as an Air conditioner l bought from Argos cost £320 15 years ago, that has a compressor that churns our really cold air but the stupid thing does not reduce the temp below 67f!!

So last year l bought a pedestal fan for £20 that only moves warm air around and is pretty noisy so this year l bought a Dyson Cool desk fan for £230 and that is nice and quiet and reduces the temp.

My down stairs neighbour moved from another Adullam property and she had to take this one as is, and the BR window does not open Hurrah! When there is no breeze like last night she stinks the place out with her cannabis at 4 am by openning all the LR windows., the poor thing cannot sleep. A bunch of fives would help.

Our HA say that we must change the washer in the tap ourselves and being cacked handed l could not get it to undo so l whacked it with a hammer, after that the HA said they would fix things.

When work men come l leave Billie out the gas fitter kept turning round everytime Billie moved, he finished the test in record time! Does Sanjay stay out?
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

No, he isn't keen on strangers. We asked HA for a garden tap, they said no, but you can have one fitted, as long as its a qualified jobsworth. Anyway, my late husband was qualified in most things but not plumbing, he changed the nasty cheap plastic switches and sockets for brass ones and wired in my chandelier. The tap man was only here half an hour today, did a superb job, and Sanjay was good as gold again. After tap man left I was able to give my border and patio pots a good soaking, the wind dried everything out.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

We do not get out own gardens but those down stairs can use the grass outside the windows and us upstairs get the loft space! I had thought of growing tomatos up there but the HA had it insulated if you go up there you have to wade through 2 feet of insulation! There are no windows and it would be a good place to grow canabis and sell it my neighbour downstairs but she has no money.

Our gardens are maintained for us we have to pay a service charge though.

Parrot's magazine is out some interesting articles most too high brow for me. Glad that your waterman fixed the problem.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

I adopted the little front garden, it was being strimmed and nothing else, my flat is front ground floor, I started with my window boxes, then encroached on to the weed filled border, daddi put hanging baskets up, and bark chips on top of membrane.we pay a service charge for the gardens, and cleaning, and they landscaped the back last year. The estate manager wanted me to do the front garden next door I said No.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Good for you, you have to be careful not to be taken for granted. Once l lived in a big Victorian house, on each floor the flats were revesed, my kitchen was against the neighbour next door's BR and her kitchen was was against my BR, but the flats down stairs were reversed as well, l have never seen that arrangement again, here my BR is over her BR, my kitchen over her kitchen.

Billie had a shower before l went to church, she gave me a big send off, but when l got home she just got on with her life. She makes me laugh she sits on the top of the cage and bosses people in the street, but at night after the first blanket goes one she comes down and sits on threshold and watches TV.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

You are fortunate, upstairs kitchen is above my bedroom, and Croatians are very loud spoken, I have to bang on the ceiling sometimes, especially in the wee hours. I do not think the HA could afford me anyway, I qualified as a landscape gardener after I left the forces. Sanjay has begun clinging to the front of the cage whenever I leave the room, If he was shoulder trained I would take him into the kitchen with me. But he is still lacking in confidence and hand shy. When he had his nursery cage I could carry it into the kitchen to do the necessary, which he enjoyed. What a gloomy day outside it was today, I kept expecting it to rain, but it didn't, ah well, I shall have to use the hose if necessary, the wind dries everything out really quickly.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

What about a watering can?

If A meri can, then a Mexican will, but if you want a can-can then you will need a Jerrican.

I have only banged on the wall once at 3 am when Emma and her partner were coming to the end of a steamy sex session with yells from both them. They have never had sex again at 3 am!

However when they do have sex l turn up the volume on my radio, and if opera that does not help the rythymn method although l did have a neighbour who played marches so loudly l could not hear him or his partner.

Oh for a quiet life! Billie hates hands, she is okay on my shoulder and some times l use a broken broom stick, she had a lovely shower today going down the clothes horse nearly to the bottom and turning upside down, so the water washed under her wings.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Yes, they do like having their pits done, I had my groceries delivered today, (online order), as it was one of those "big" shops, I could not have carried, even with sholley. So himself got coconut cubes and fresh figs, he was ever so pleased. One of the "happy, joyful" guys from upstairs has moved out (lovers tiff?} so there are no embarassing moments any more, thank goodness, :oops:
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

New Lover wanted apply in person.

We had that scenario in our place the *** men in Flat 2 split up, and sadly 6 months later the one left on the right over dosed.

Billie has not wanted a shower today, l took her three times into the bathroom and three times she refused to climb on the clothes horse, this was the first no bath day for three weeks.

She has gone off corn so l did not buy any today, l did get some more pomegranites but she is not keen on these either, l thought she might like some blackberries for a change they come from Guatamala. Ole!
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Sanjay does not care where they come from, but he knows where they are going!. Gave the flat a thorough clean today, it always seems worth doing when the sun is shining. :wink: :wink: We are due some rain at the weekend, but nature needs it, I love watching wild birds having a good sousing in puddles and gutterings. Himself gave himself a lick and a promise in the water bowl today. watching me clean probably reminded him!.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

I managed to coax Billie into the shower at the third attemp, l told her "You smell."
"Oh no!" She replied "You smell! I stink!"

I think she farted today, but this morning she was very angry, lept lunging at the bars when my hand was near, so l used a red towel and flapped it on either side and had her rushing from one side of the cage to the other. The outcome? A big poop all down the side of the cage the wretch!

We had cheese on toast today, she enjoyed the cheese. I put a bowl with some juice in it on the floor of the cage after awhile she started to tip the juice out. I have taken the hint.

Every two days l wash the plastic mats and vacumn the floor it is nice to have a LR that looks like home. Won't last.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

No wonder you get bitten!, flapping towels at the poor wee hen, My LR gets messy too, seed etc in spite of the skirting at the bottom of the cage. I was standing on a chair adjusting something near his cage today, and he came over and snogged me through the bars, what it is to be loved! :roll:
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

It is those little things that mean so much like when Billie sits on my shoulder and reaches round to kiss me on the lips. Twice l took her into the bathroom and offered her to sit on the clothes horse each time she drew back.

This evening when she wanted to play the blanket game I told her she was too rough, I sort of got the impression she was saying "You are a sissy!"

I had thought of buying her a bigger cage like the one Sanjay has it would fit into the corner and l was thinking those seed catchers would be ideal now l am not so sure, do they catch poop if Sanjay stands on the cage and poops? Billie used to have tail feather that measured 14 inches but now she has a stumpy tail about 3"

I was out in the kitchen cleaning her cups when she called me and as l went up to the cage she pooped, with her bottom sticking out it missed the cage I told her she was wonderful she was beaming with pride (Mother's)
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Yes, it acts as a splat catcher, and when the door is open it makes a lovely perch, its big to clean, but he loves it so much, and can fly inside, it would be cruel to change it to a smaller one now. We bought it from some breeders in the midlands, who advertised in "parrots" so we got it a wee bit cheaper than some companys, They haven't advertised for a while, and I don't have a back copy, or I'd give you their details. Sanjay tends to chuck bits which end up on the floor, but it would be a lot worse. His daddi took the play gym off the roof of his old cage and put it on this one, and affixed a UV light. But he ignores the play gym, preferring his jingly balls, when he is out.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

I forgot to mention we added java perches,
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Early on l bought Billie a large Java perch she loves standing on it at different heights. I love watching her as she picks something out of her bowl and then drags it to the top of the cage to eat. When she has finished she takes a fresh hold and throws it as far as she can, trying to miss the carpet protector, and if l am not careful l tread it into my carpet!

Today l had to sign in. Billie wants to covered up at 4 pm, but at 5 pm my phone went off and l could hear from under the blanket "What! What! what!" I uncover her at 7.30 am and this moring she was on the bottom of the cage but as l came in she hurriedly climbed up onto her perch and pretended she had been there all night.

We had a pizza for lunch and she ate some, I have not weighed her this month, she looks okay. But the next battle will be when we go out and sit in the garden, l put a perch into the mouse cage and she likes to sit on that, but l have not been able to coax her inside, The last time we went out l had to towel her with the towel still wrapped around her and put the lid down and pulled the towel out through the gap,
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

I felt really guilty earlier, my daughter phoned and we over ran himselfs bedtime, as I hung up the phone I glanced at the cage, and there he was, fast asleep on his sleeping perch!, so I rather hurriedly got his sheet and covered him, mumbling apologies!. Blackberries and passion fruit today, he was in raptures!
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Hardened parrot pooh is defeated by soapy water verterans!

They have such good natures, but there are times when Billie loses her temper, today l would not take her to the bath room for another shower and she lost her temper and started to throw her toys about, then she sat in the water bowl and sulked.

I keep buying pomegranites but she has gone off them she went off corn so l stopped buying that, she does try the blackberries and she eats the apple, although she does not like pear. l love to watch as she eats her seads and then she samples the fruit and then back to her seeds and then onto the veg bowl and back to the seeds!
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Depending on what is on his fruit skewer, Sanjay usually makes a beeline for his peppers, but if figs, passion fruit or blackberries are on offer, he eats them first. I think Billie was sitting in her water bowl to make a point.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Her bite is sot strong that she has cracked the roll over stainless steel top. When l am cleaning her cage she gets right out of the way, but as soon l have finished she comes down and is waiting for the seed bowl to arrive, if l do not close the door fast enough she reaches through the entrance and grabs the bowl and pull the doot shut.

Jack Spratt could eat no fat and his wife could eat no lean, l think Billie and Sanjay would never get on, she does not like figs, peppers, tomatoes, passuion fruit leaves her cold.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

I Never offer tomatoes, they are of the Solanum (nightshade) family. Given that she is an Alex and He isn't, could explain their different tastes, he has gone right off Pomegranate.Maybe Billies beak is strong from honing her bite on your bone?. (just a thought)
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

She gave me a nasty nip on my fore arm, but it has been a bad day, my foot was throbbing so l nearly did not go to church, but because of the Sikh festival in the park they cancelled the buses so l had to walk home.

Also l forgot to have my breakfast before l left, just let the time slip by and so when l got back l cancelled the porridge and settled for an omelette she prefers the bread but l forgot to give her an orange. She had a lovely shower in the bath room but later l tried to towel her to go out in the garden but she evaded me, so after l told her she was very naughty l would not give her any Shaw's egg biscuit.

It was then she gave me a nasty nip, l ordered her into her cage and told her l would give her to the rag and bone man, she said she was sorry and l let her out we exchanged kisses and made up, so l gave the egg biscuit.

She was very contrite at bed time so l took pity on her and covered her up, and my foot was feeling better.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

This morning l thought Billie's beak looked cracked so l thought of a remedy with olive oil but every time l held a swab up to her beak she bit it, so l had towel her, she gave me some nasty bites so there is nothing wrong with her beak, l asid to her, "Hey" You nearly took my finger off!"

"You.ve got nine more hold out the next one."

But eventually l coated her beak with some olive oil, it look grand so while l had the towel around her l thought l would weigh her. More bites, eventually she sat on the scales but scales decided to play up so l put Billie back on hte cage and got out some new scales, then l got the towel ready but dived to the bottom of the cage.

Actually picking her up with the towel was a lot easier from down there as was nothing she could hold onto, l got her out struggling like mad, but eventually l l managed to switch on the scales and out her on, l gradually pullted the towel off and sat still the scales said 272 grams. Which is about average. On the !st Jan she was 280 grams a bit over weight, the other readings both about 250 were made on the scales that played up.

She had lots of treats and praise so she went to bed happy. The bleeding stopped so l went to bed happy too!
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Oh goodness! Sounds like a war zone! All that towelling and biting, and bleeding. We don't do drama here, thankfully, but then I never have to towel him. Was it a Sikh festival?, I wasn't aware of any processions. My buses ran as normal, Himself indulged in raspberries dipped in Greek yogurt and honey, its a little treat once a week, and he adores them. I have never attempted to towel dry Sanjay, he has a blow dry with the warm, not hot, setting. If the weather is hot I let him air dry.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

I was using a hair drier to dry Billie but l thought it was causing skin problems for her so l stopped. I thought you were in Hereford? The sikh festival was in Handsworth, just down the road.

Billie does not like honey, she likes yogurt but is not keen does not like red fruits, she is not keen on blackberries, she has gone off pomegranites and corn, but enjoyed a cabbage leaf, we have had a truce she has not bitten me today, she sat on my shoulder and we watched Tv together, she had a shower in the bathroom but sat on top of the clothes horse.

Her beak looks a little better today, but she dropped a flight feather.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Good grief AJ! Your memory is awful, for the umpteenth time, I live in Bedfordshire, a Sikh festival is universal, not just local to you. A hair dryer set to warm, and administered from a distance is fine, and their skin is fine as long as they have rosewater and glycerin in their misting bottle. Sanjay does not get showered on a daily basis however. My Portulacca plug plants turned up today, and if there is anything himself loves it is parcels and packages, before daddi retired from Army Records in Glos, he regularly sent "red cross" parcels to Sanjay, containing treats and toys, of course Now when something arrives, Sanjay thinks its for him!.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Billie likes to inspect the post and if a parcel needs unwrapping she takes a keen interest she made me laugh this afternoon l was watching TV and suddenly she starts "Brr Brr - Brr Brr" all my phones have melody rings so l do not know where she got that from. l could just hear it in the BR. She likes to listen to the answer phone messages.

She has been very vocal today this morning she was looking out of the window and started to make a fuss, so l went to see what she saw and it was one of our neighbours she recognized. My neighbour down stairs told me that Billie recognizes me as l come up the road.

I think you will need to tell me three more times where you live, I put it down to a lapse of memory. Billie got very wet today in the shower she went to the bottom of the clothes horse, so after l bought her back in l tried the hair drier, she enjoyed the warm air. Her beak looks a bit flaky and l was able to dab her beak with some olive oul but it does look better.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

I suppose they shed the top layer of keratin? I must say, Sanjay has never had a flaky beak. We shared strawberries dipped in Greek yogurt today, he appears to scrape and lick the yogurt, gets very eye pinning excited! And makes appreciative noises. He's the same when we dip raspberries.They have a prodigious memory the guy who threw her out probably had a brrr brr phone. Years ago.we often heard wild birds mimicking trim phones, the wild birds here mimic Sanjay!, sometimes its as if he is following me down the road!
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

How cute, Billie hears the wild birds but prefers not to be noticed, this morning when l uncovered her she just sat there for ages blinking, we have had a reasonable good day until Gordon came at ten to four Billie was just about to ask to be covered. however her patience ran out and she flew to my shoulder and headbutted me when this did not have the desired result she walked across my back and bit my ear lobe.

Of course she had to go in the cage as a punishment and after Gordon had gone I let her out with a warning. "Do that again and l will give you to the rag and bone man."

I left the gas fire on low because it is going to be cold tonight but l might slipback in turn it
onto the pilot, she's got my love to keep her warm.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

They are quite hardy, when my boiler goes on the blink, my flat is like an igloo but himself always seems fine. Better to pick on you, rather than Gordon, in fact I'm surprised he still visits after the way Billie has treated him in the past. She is quite the little bully, isn't she?
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Yes if she does not get what she wants, l think she is training me. When Gordon was talking he stood up but she just ignorred him.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

He must have felt quite releived!.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Becuase Billie lost her long tail feathers now they are only about 6" they were 14" but she lands clumsily, l think she grew shorter tail feathers because the cage is smaller. I was looking at a new cage from Liberta and l did some measuring with a metal tape Billie started to get all worried. did she think l was measuring for a coffin? However l do like this cage it does not take too much room, has a plastic tray which is very easy to clean sturdy wheels.

I think you are right Gordon was relieved that Billie did not fly to his shoulder. Btw Billie's crouching at the bottom of the cage is not hormonal but l think she getting her bowels working she does like a little work out trying to bite my fingers and grabs the cage. This seems to set the stage because she poops very ealily.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Every morning after Brekkie, one of our male Samoyeds would hurtle around ths garden and in and out of the kitchen for several minutes, then he would have his morning dump after that he would settle down!, he obviously hurtled to get things shifting. Yes, she needs plenty of width, I wish there was a cage the same width and depth but about half the height, because he doesn't use the bottom half. It would be a lot easier to clean as well. I hope Billie can flit about in her new cage, she may not be so grumpy.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

No chance l am not getting a new cage. I will have to convince her new tail length is all the rage. In the old cage Alan who had her before me and called her Bella funny enough l was telling a neighbour who has two cats that l did not like the name Bella because it sounded common. "Oh!" She said. "One of my cats is called Bella.!!!!!"

However in those days Alan boarded up the lower part of the cage, Billie never went down there. Even when l got a new cage Billie never went down to the bottom, it was MissK who said, "Try putting a perch as low as possible and from that moment on, Bille went down every day, even when she chewed the perch in half she still went down. I took the grid out early on to give her more room and it has never gone back.

The Avian Web have a forum and some interesting articles, l have not tried the forum yet l thought l might persuade a guinea pig to have a go first.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

I have a neighbour with a German Pointer called "Bella". As for a lower perch, tried that, all it got was mucky, he never used it.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

There is no accounting for perches all l can say is tough!

I decided to have pilchards on toast for my lunch today Billie loves toast, l offered some with a pilchard hanging on for dear life, actually that is wrong because l mashed them up any way Billie turned her nose up at the fish but she wolfed the corner of toast l gave her, then l had some toast and marmalade l offered her some but some of the marmalade fell off as she grabbed the toast,

The trouble with marmalade is that it is very sticky. I get marmalde in my ear and some up my nose, oh l think l have trodden on some, what's that on the floor? Marmnalde or pooh? both are sticky, scoop tastes like marmalade, does poop taste like mamalade?

Only one way to find out, oh l have chickened out!

When Bilie goes to bed she likes to be half covered by a fleeze blanket first after a few minutes she strart to shreik. So l uncovered her she started to make warning noises and was starring at the floor of the cage so l put my head and stared as well, l moved things around but l could see nothing out of the ordianry. Maybe a spider spooked her.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Buzzing tnings worry Sanjay, he freezes if he hears a bee or wasp (very wise), he doesnt mind a neighbours Dobe barking now, it used to worry him. When one of upstairs mice was trying to squeeze through the bars he ignored it, even when I grabbed it and it shrieked blue murder, he did'nt bat an eyelid.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

I recorded BBC4 Dawn Chorus and played it to Billie, she loved it, Bluetits got the best response from her, she liked the Robins, but pigeons went unoticed. She kept turning her head to hear some of the high pitched calls.

Billie does not like flies, or wasps nor do l, but l spray them with water they hate that and leave by the next open window.

Billie had two showers today, she loves the hand spray too but I only spray her in the bathroom there are too many electrical things in the LR.

Today is shopping day and l know l can let her have the run of the place by leaving her cage open, she is as good as gold
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

You're very trusting, I never leave Sanjay out unsupervised. I would worry about him getting into a pickle. When he was little he would abseil down the voile curtains and I often had to extricate him. Anyway, if I downsized his abode I would have to have him out 24/7 I suppose, he would absolutely refuse to go back in, I know for a fact.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

We have road works over night and what with the flashing lights and beeping no one including Billie got much sleep, however she has been a darling all day even sat on my tummy for a close encounter, l put my hands around her but she does not like being tightly held.

However at bed time 4 pm she was sitting on the open wing and calling to be covered up. l lifted up the wing and dropped into place she made a dive and bit my hand, so l closed the other wing and left her to stew, she tried various calls, "Come here." "Where are you?" "Sorree!" after a long while l went back and sat by the cage she said nothing nor did l. After 10 mins or so she made her call to be covered up and l told how disappointed l was she bit me, she look contrite so l covered her cmpletely and soon she was fast asleep.

Billie has flown into a closed windows in the past, l do not clean them now hoping she will see the smears in time and pull up, last year l let her roam on the carpet but all she wanted to do was chew my slippers, so this year l am not allowing this freedom.

I keep my organ covered up becasue she has taken a fancy to the lights and tries to bite them until she gets a clip from me. Billie does not like me leaving her door unlocked but l tell her if something happened to me you would not be able to get out.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Himself leaves windows alone now, partly due to bamboo blinds, and partly because they hold no interest. When he is out he plays with toys, or has a good soar, or perches on the chandelier or top of his door. I have never known him
to go on to the floor at all, and that includes his cage floor,
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

When l awoke Bille l said to her "No biting today, promise." She kept her promise and was a good as gold all day, l played the dawn chorus again for her and she responds on some of the calls. I played the organ all morning until l went to vote. Just after l got back there was a delivery form Northern parrots on stuff l orderd yesterday.

I bought a "Percher" and showed Billie but she said "No way" and seemed scared of it so l have left it on a side table near her cage. I aslo bought feed stuff, sproutng seeds, l had to phone NP because there was no instructions. That sorted also l got a snack bag of rice and bits just add hot water, she ignored that so l left it in her cage. Hope she does not eat the container/plastic

Bed time she went in without a murmur,
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

You can buy sprouting seeds in DIY/garden centres, they come with instructions. If you grew mustard and cress as a child the method is the same, anyway, he wouldn't touch them when I gave it a go. Sanjay also refuses mushy food. I voted too, I want the "main" parties to sit up and take notice, they are paid By us to Serve us, not serve their own best interests.