Billie the wonder Parrot 3

Moderator: Mods

sanjays mummi

Re: Billie the wonder Parrot 3

Post by sanjays mummi »

Whatever you do, Do Not put your nose within reach!. Sanjay has a ladder on his roof, and a ladder in his palace but never uses them. He has taken to hanging upside down on his toys!.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Once was too often!

Billie has been very friendly just recently, sitting on my shoulder and enjoying the view, we decided it was too wet to go out today. She ate two blackberries last night but did not eat the raspberries. Also she had more of the orange segment, But today l cut her seeds down 50/50 seeds pellets, but she was standing by her bowl and started rto cry.
Look l said there is plenty of green bits over here. They are not seeds she sobbed, l took pity on her and topped up her bowl with some more seeds.

I took the ladder leading up to her ceiling swing down, maybe one day she will have the courage to fly up there. Billie's big toy is the hood to a gaberdine raincoat with out its lining she loves hiding under it and scratches away on top.

Simple things please simple minds l told her her reply, "It was your raincoat."
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

"Simple things please little minds, whilst bigger fools look on".
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

You looking at Me?

After the rain came the sun so l asked Billie Do you want to go out? But she was not keen l offered my hand for a step but she just ignorred it, then l towelled her she looked some gent sweating it out in the Turkish baths but she would not let go of the perch, So l got another perch and she stepped up on that she wont climb down through the hatch so l have to seperate the cage but l forgot to close the hatch and she was in and out before you could Jack Robinson on a hot in roof so I went through it again this time l had the hatch closed.

She sat on the perch in side the hamsters box and we went out side. "Hold on tight!" I told her, we sat on the wall and Michael came up and said hallo but after 10 minutes my bottom was freezing and with mutal agreement we came in.

This after noon she hung on till 3 pm before wanting to be covered so each day it is getting a bit later.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

You will get piles sitting on cold damp things, we had torrential rain too, but as my dad used to say, "rain before 7, sun by 11", that's when the tide turns. The days are creeping out slowly, and Billie probably senses this. The grandchildren turned up and Sanjay was all a flutter!.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

There is a lot to be said about weather lore, if you can see enough blue sky to mend a pair of dutchman's trousers it will clear up/ and the shepherds warning.

Bilie was not keen to go out today she put up a heroic defence but as soon as the towel was around her she gave in but we nearly got blown away, she was hanging onto the perch for dear life. So l gave in and we came back inside but not before the neighbours next door had said hallo and the gent in the next street also said hallo, this pleased Billie.

She ate her blackberries but still only pecks at the raspbarries. I think she has gone off pomegranites which is a bit of a shame as they are really very cheap in Asda.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Sanjay can be fickle with food, but there are daily foods he Never tires of. I wouldn't take him outside in the winter months from a centrally heated flat, his little feet would turn blue!.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

You hold a good point there sudden changes in temperature cannot be good for them, l shall have to take extra care, up to now the sun has been shining and it is the middle of the day, but never the less Billie could catch a chill.

Anybody know where l could get a wooly waistcoat for Billie?
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

You must be a glutton for punishment!, you'd need gauntlets to put her in a woolly jacket! Oh the blood!....
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

I had glutton for lunch, but today but l finally got to weigh Billie, it cost me an arm and a leg and two fingers, but she weighed in at 285 Grams which means she has lost 17 grams since 19th December! Well done Billie!

We did not go out today although she was keen l thought it was too wet to sit on the wall. The next few days it is going to be too cold to go out, sorry Billie no woolly jacket for you.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

And all without the need for weightwatchers!. The wind was horrendous today, the wild birds had the good sense to stay out of it.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Where did this egg come from? I asked Billie. Search me she replied/

15 eggs last year and now one this year.

I reinstated the nesting box, I can not trust her with her egg so she has a dummy egg I filled the box with wood chips but she kicked these out along with the dummy egg so l put it back inside. She is not sitting on its so l suppose there is more to come.

And come what may she can keep the egg until SHE gives up on it, and maybe we can get down to more sensible laying. Thank God she does not have Hormonal attacks now.

And she came out several times and wanted a cuddle, I had to lock her in when l went to church in case she starts to look for new nest site, and that would take the biscuit.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

The egg biscuit?, Sanjay likes egg biscuits. It is the sensible thing to do when you go out, I never leave himself out of his cage unsupervised.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Billie likes Shaw's egg biscuit and eats all the top part and then drops the rest. She has begun to eat blackberries but does not like raspberries and the pomegranite is not eaten.

Last year she started to lay on Jan 1st and finished middle of Feb so l am hoping she will only lay two this month and two next month and that will be it until next year. I wonder what causes her to lay?
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

That's a question for your vet, but it puzzles me, it's not as though there's a male bird around to give her the initiative.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Sometimes there are no answers.

"Where is that dummy egg that was in your nesting box last night?"
"What do you mean it grew wings and flew away? You should not tell porkies!"
"Oh its a birdy!"

She must have eaten that dummy egg there was not a trace of it anywhere and she pooped all right. After cleaning her cage I put her real egg back in and within two seconds she had cracked the shell and eaten half of it and then l found her cowering at the back of the nesting box. I have no idea how to handle this situation.

I took the nesting box out, and she was her old self scratching away. she came and sat on my shoulder she pecked my ear a couple of times to see if she could mastubate on me but each time she tried it l put her back on the cage.

I love the way she eats oranges segments, she grabs it in the middle tilting her head back she squeazes it and lets the juice trickle down her throat.

If she lays again l shall give her an open nest that way l can see what she is doing. In October she started to lay and the vet said let her have her laying cycle, so l shall take the same advice and wait and see what happens.

It is time to start a new thread, if you want to know what happens to Billie go to Billie the wonder parrot 4