angry IRN

Moderator: Mods

sumikasi

angry IRN

Post by sumikasi »

ok so i got a 1 year old IRNi got him (dont know the gender yet) since he was 2 months old. the breeder told me he was handreared, but he was pretty wild to be handreared, so i guess you could call it half handreared...
recently i've been noticing that he is becoming angry more nd more often. almost every few mins he puffs up his head and screams and bites. even when i talk to him. he jus seems lyk a very very very angry bird. if i touch his cage, he bites.. if i touch him, he puffs his head and bites.
i was thinking of training ,... but i dont know what training to do.
im wondering if this is a normal behavior or something to be worried about... thank you
btw his name is Kasper
InTheAir

Re: angry IRN

Post by InTheAir »

Hi,

parrots use body language to communicate with us. When your bird puffs up his head he means 'back off and don't touch me or I will bite'. If you stop trying to touch him when he warns you, he won't have to bite you to tell you to stop.

Do you know what his favourite treats are? Start handing him his favourite treats whenever you go past his cage or when you play with him.
Check out Www.goodbirdinc.com, Barbara sells great dvds on how to train and understand your parrot.
sumikasi

Post by sumikasi »

But he really doesn't make any sense at all.. When i give him treats he puffs his head. When i talk to him he puffs his head. When i leave him he puffs his head and when i take him he puffs jus head. He wants to be with me , but he only puffs his head nd mkes weird noises!
MissK

Post by MissK »

Is a photo possible? Or a video, even better?
-MissK
sumikasi

Post by sumikasi »

Yes.. I could post pics nd vids... But i dont exactly know how to...
sumikasi

Post by sumikasi »

MissK wrote:Is a photo possible? Or a video, even better?
how could i post a vid?
MissK

Post by MissK »

I think you have to put your vid on a hosting site or you tube and link it, Photos can be linked from a hosting site. I use Photobucket. SEARCH for ellieelectrons' post on on photos and yuouwill be in good hands.
-MissK
sumikasi

Post by sumikasi »

Thank u so much.. By tmrw hopefully I will have a vid nd pics up !