Billie the wonder parrot part 2

Moderator: Mods

sanjays mummi

Re: Billie the wonder parrot part 2

Post by sanjays mummi »

I can just imagine the strange toons that would come from the organ!. Sanjay never "does" floor, thank goodness. What do you call a Frenchman wearing sandals? Philippe Filoppe.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Very good!

What do you call a parrot wearing sandals? Fred!

Billie has been a lot better today she did manage to take a chunk out of my finger this morning, l wanted to move her nesting box so that she could not be seen. "Alright to move your box?" I got the nod but when l tried to move it again she bit me.

Oh yes she said sorry after wards, l showed her the blood. Guess what? l put the plaster on the wrong finger! I had to go out shopping so l left her cage top open crossing my fingers she would not get into any trouble. She was ever so pleased to see me when l came back, she sat on my shoulder as l played the organ but then we went out to get breakfast and ate it together to show there were no hard feelings. But l ate the last cornflake and if looks could kill l would be dead by now.

This afternoon it was floor time but l saw that she did not like being on the floor with me out of the room but at 4 pm she said she wanted to be covered up and then started playing with plastic triangles, I thought it sounded like drums on the Mohawk when l could take no more l took the triangles away from her. About 5 pm she wanted to come out and we had dinner together, she was not all that hungry so at about 5.30 she wanted to covered again for the night and this time fell silent very quickly.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

This is the third attempt to write a reply, and l keep getting intrusion attempts from IRN web site so it has a virus. Hope some one can purge it.

I found Billie on the floor of the cage this morniong but l had been moving around for 30 minutes before but she was only down for a few minutes and then came up and pooped normally and was her old self again.

I had to vac the floor this morning and moved her box she came down in a hugh dudgeon it was blue
so l kicked her box out of the way. After l had washed all the plastic mats I played the organ with her on my shoulder and then we got breakfast, at first she wanted to go on the floor, l carefully kept the sweetner away from her side of the bowl but when she was down in her box l ate her cornlakes. She must have know because she flew up onto the table started to moan because there were no cornflakes left, some on the right though.

After breakfst she had a play on the floor. She has become a real pain biting chunks out of flip flops, l have moved all the elctric cables out of her reach and covered others but she has found fibre optic cable for the Tv. I have also covered the organ pedals and entree ports to keep her out of the organ.

I managed to divert her attemt at going to bed too early by persuading her to her help get dinner
but after we came back she wanted to go to bed and l covered her, she played with the plastic triangles for 30 mintues had a midnight nosh and it went all quiet.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Sanjay had an "oo'er missus!" And "ooh I Say!" Moment when the binmen came this morning he is an inquisitive little "curtain twitcher". Other than that, we had an uneventful normal day, especially compared with yours, and we had roast chicken, of which Sanjay enjoyed a shred or two. I played keyboard years ago, but now we both prefer the radio or TV. When there is nothing more exciting outside our window that is!.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Billie is very nosey too, she can be on the bottom of the cage doing her wilting violet act and all of a sudden there is a noise outside and she is up and looking out of the window. Funny enough l cannot play a piano and only keyboard with a split. I taught myself to play the organ and now l play at least twice a month at my local church! I was told "You are better than nothing!" But nothing is better than me!

Billie wanted to be covered at 3.30 l told her it was too early but after an hour banging her plastic triangles and other noises she called out so l uncovered her, but she was not too happy with that so l covered he up again in stages.

I had to eat my dinner in the Kitchen, it was nice and warm in there, l could see the squirrells playing in the trees before bed but l was able to think of the good day Billie and l had. I arranged the cornflakes on the side of the bowl that missed out on the sugar (Tesco sucrose) and Bille was quite happy she scoffed cornflakes like there was no tomorrow.

Normally when she paddles in her pool l offer her a shower and she takes to it like a duck but today she did not want a shower and afer l brought her back she continued with the paddling/

I had a brainwave, smear petroleum jelly on all the elctric cables that l cannot move, she has not touched any today.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

We smeared Vicks vapour rub on things we didn't want puppies chewing, but it would be toxic to a bird, they have no real sense of smell. You could have used an anti feather pluck spray, on a piece of kitchen roll and just wiped them. Nothing eventful today, unless you count chasing virginmedia Again, because my Tivo service was playing up. Sanjay likes the occasional honey nut cornflake, no milk, and I've Never added sugar to cornflakes of any description, they are naturally sweet.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

That is a good idea, I'll get some on order, Anti feather pluck spray.

Billie has not been near the cables. l scolded her when she started to nose them the other day. Scolding does not always work as l keep telling her "Do not poop on my chair!" She says to me "What is yours is mine!" She did offer a place on her perch.

We have had a good day but this morning as usual she retreated to the floor of her cage and started mewing. I find getting her adrenaline working is a good policy l wave the long handled kictchen brush in her face. She goes potty when l do that. And soon after she climbs up and poops normally.
"Keep it off the cage." I yell at her and she replies "Its my cage I'll poop how l want."

When she had her old cage she would sit near her water bowl and as l offered her a cornflake she would dip them in the water. Even now she does not like dry cornflakes and gets quite "Iffy" until l pour some milk on them. Both of us have a sweet tooth.

She wanted to be covered up at 4 pm but l only half covered her and she had a good play with the plastic triangles, and then realized that she was not properly covered so told me in no uncertain terms and then l covered her cmpletely at 4.30. I was wondering whether the knows the clocks go back in October?

I had four mint plants on the window shelf in the Kitch and l have been telling passers by that they are canabis plants but nobody want to try the leaves. as they started to look dowdy (The plants not the passersd by) l have consigned them to the shrubbery.

Do you have problems with IRN web site and malicious attacks? Every so often l have to log in.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

If I clear All history I have to log in, but No problems at all. The all black kitten is thriving, the inspector wsd setting out to round up a few more including a "milky" queen, they seem to be concentrated in one area a rough neighnourhood. There is a houseplant called "Dizygothia" which looks vrry much like cannabis, and my mum accidentally grew some many years ago, when she cleaned her budgies cage outside, she had No idea what her "lovely" plant was they havent added cannabis seed to cage bird seed for decades, because of it.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

How interesting.

A sad thing happened this evening, there are some turtle doves nearby and people put food out for them but I came into the kitchen at 6 pm to make my evening meal and l saw a hawk devouring the carcass of a turtle dove o a public foor path outside my kitchen. It has a square tail dark feathers with white flecks, and feathers over its knees. A squirrel came and sat downnot more than 5 feet aways and l thought You're next mate, but the hawk flew off with the remains. There is a 8 storey tower block nearby, maybe is nesting up there.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Continue

I think Billie has a bowel problem, she has dificulty in passing a poop and will sit on the bottom of the cage mewing, but when l wave a long handled kitchen brush in her face she immediately attacks it but will poop after, her poop looks alright and for small poops dring the day she poops okay.

The vet said he dectected a murmur but an operation might kill her and that she would be all right with out an op. I am not taking her to the vets yet.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Aww, poor Billie, poor turtle dove,, but that's the natural order of things I suppose. I have never thought of heart murmurs in birds, I know with mammals, the heart enlarges to cope with these things, as did my daughters Boxer, but at least your Billie will have a swift end to her life, hopefully not for many, many years yet.
When I arrived at work yesterday, I was peeved to find not one of the many morning staff had put the dog water bowl outside the shop, we always have a water bowl outside for passing dogs. When I told Sanjay, he was quite stroppy about it, started beak bashing his perch, squawking angrily, either what I told him, or because I didn't bring berries home. A new neighbour has moved into one of the upstairs flats, seems decent enough, quiet etc, long may it last!, we have had enough of armed police raids, and police dog hairs in the communal areas. Very exciting for the curtain twitchers, but even Sanjay gets belligerent when woken before 8 am.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Poor Sanjay, lets keep our fingers crossed, is your land lord a social one meaning they have to take alsorts? My Housing Association claim to have run out of money and just round the corner out of sight the lady down stairs had her kitchen and bathroom windows broken and they have still not been repaired after 6 months but remain boarded up. We get our share of sirens, but lately they have been ambulances.

If l were a dog and there was no water bowl l would pee all over the front door! But l am not but that does not stop me from peeing all over the front door! Our birds are very expressive they tell us what they want, Billie has been a lot better today she had a bit of a panic attack when she could not poop. But she let rip a little later l said to her "Is that all?" I got a withering look.

She has been very amorous recently trying to find new ways to rub herself on me. When l discover what she is doing I make a big song and dance about it, but she still tries. Becasue she insists of going to bed early she no longer shares my evening meal. Most of what l eat is bad for her, actually it is bad for me too!
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Your neighbour needs to go to the Police station and ask for a crime reference number, she passes this on to her landlord, then he/they can pay for the repairs out of their insurance, otherwise she must foot the bill herself, if she does this and the landlord does nothing, she must contact her district councillor, (details from library), and he will chase things up.
Sanjay has had an affable sort of day, punctuated with sing songs, this Indian Summer weather really cheers him up!
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Billie on the other hand or foot`is quite indiferent to the weather, all morniong she has been trying to think up a new approach to rubbing her self on me. I got so exasperated l told her "Do the that one more time and l will give you to the rag and bone man."

All afternoon she sat on the arm of my chair loking at me, she did not want a scratch but l got the feeling she was saying "You wouldn't? Would you?"

She does not like me looking at her but dives to the bottom of the cage, but if l ignore her she comes up and sits on a perch. Strange.

Thank you about that landlord stuff. I cannot remember her name but she said her boy friend broke the windows and quite likely she has not reported it so it stays broken. My downstairs neighbour Emma moved within the HA and she had to accept the place as it was.

People around here are reluctant to get off their back sides, someone has dumped a fridge even the gypos won't take them now.

All that stuff the Chancellor was saying about freezing benefits is really good Emma has a part time job and smokes cannabis but l suppose if she had a full time job she would smoke it all the time, the other guy was talking about a benefits card that was tried back 1970's.

When l worked in a department credit store in Deptford people would bring their furinture chitty around to the different shops and the one who offeered the most back in cash got the chitty!

Those were the days of the old doss houses the "Spike" so called becasue if you got a chitty form social servies you presented it to the doss house and they speared it onto a spike you could then go off and if you came back before they shut the doors at 11 pm and if you were on the spike they let you in and it you weren't ?

They did not.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Forgot to mention Bilie is up with the big girls now she was stting on my shoulder in the Kitchen and flew back to the lounge, round the corner into the hall and round the corner into the LR! All with out my showing her. Phew!
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Your neighbour doesn't have to "grass up" her boyfriend, she tells the police it happened when she was out, and doesn't know who broke them, and she needs a crime number to get them fixed. More money for cannabis?, people who smoke it stink, nobody gives them a job.
The ones who annoy me are the alcoholic junkies with self inflicted mental health issues claiming DLA and ESA. It robs those who are mentally ill through no fault of their own.
Sanjay now expects a cuddle in the morning And when he is out while I clean his palace, but he Will nibble my eyelids! And it hurts. He doesn't intentionally hurt me tho'
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Wow Nibbles you eye lids? how close is close? I got a really nasty bite from Billie this morning, "All right to take the water bowel out?" No answer but it looked okay so l put my hand in and Chomp!
Blood every where, l was so shocked l took my hand out and she was still clinging to it, she managed to grab hold of my trousers as we rushed into the bath rom and she climbed up and sat on my shoulder lickling her lips. "Look at what you have done." I told her she had a look. Miles of toilet tissue to stop the bleeding.

Eventually l was able to get a plaster on it.

Drastic cut back on priveleges. No more cornflakes, in milk or anything. She had another go at flying round corners today l shall have to watch the windows. I managed to get her flying back several times from my hand. The exercise will do her good. No more swimming pool until next year she has not wanted a shower in the bath room for a week, l told her "You will smell."

I put her nesting box on the floor under the table, it is not very dark but l hope it will keep her out of other dark areas. She has these heavy plastic triangles and has managed to bite through most of them, and loves to bang them at 3.30 pm for an hour l have not seen her masturbate on them but it is a different story on my shoulder she became such a pest when l was playing the organ l had to lock her in, but on her promise she would not do it again l let her out. But she forgot and grabbed my shirt collor which is a prelude to her rocking back and forwards poking her beak into my ear, so l had to give up playing.

We have a town drunk living on the other side of the cul de sac and on pay day (every two weeks) his friends congregate and their yelling goes onto the early moring. After three days he runs out of money and comes round and asks. "Can l lend him some money until pay day?" Not on your nellie I tell him. Sometimes l give him money especially the day before pay day but he hates accepting charity.

But what can one do with such people? I prefer not to have dealing with them, the lady downstairs offered to do my laundry but l value my privacy too much to take up her offer. Her tv broke and she woke me up with singing at 2 am, l just turned up the volume on ClassicFM!
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

The dog water bowl was Not put outside the shop again this morning I made it my first task. I Never give money to beggars, I might buy them a cuppa and sandwich but subsidise their drinking or drug habit? No Way!, its called "tough love". Yes, our cuddles Are "that close" and he let's me skritch his neck just behind his head. Maybe Billie is a closet vampire?
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

That makes two of us!

I have been reading the posts AJPeter and Billie the Hormonal parrot again Skyescrew recommended then l put the grid back in, this will shock Billie to the core as it has not been in for over a year she can keep her triangles on top, also make one of her feed bowl a water bowl for preening and do away with the swimming pool. Cut back on fat and sugar food, done. She can have a wooden stick ot chew but the bits will drop through the grid, there will be the dickens to pay for all this.

Once a week l used to go the Strand Theatre and had a meal in a local cafe, once l did not feel hungry so instead of wasting it l asked a man down on his luck if he would like it, and he sat at the table while l wrote up my notes. The following week there were two of them!
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Serves you right!, a bit like neighbourhood moggies!. Sanjays grid is covered with pages of "The Times" newspaper so nothing drops through, and the bars stay do do free.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Billie rips up news paper and kicks it out of the cage, she knew some thing was up this morning because after l uncovered her she headed for the top of the cage and pooped with out all that shilly shallying.

She watched the sliding in of the grid with despair, and l took out dog bowl she uses for a wash and put some water in one of her feed bowls for preening, later she was trying to do some skinny dipping in it so I took pity on her and gave her back the dog bowl back she dived in and got very wet. Funny enough she did not want a shower in the bath room.

Billie kept looking at the grid to tell me she did not want it so i ignored her, she became an absolute pest trying to rub her self on me as l played the organ in the end l gave up. There will be no more cornflakes for Billie l had my breakfast in the kitchen then l dashed out to Tesco and bought some pomegranites at 50p. Some dried Limes, I gave her one but when l was not looking she put it in a place she hoped l would not notice. Also some black Bursa figs, l cut one in half do you give it all to them, or clean out the seeds first? I also bought some clematines and more egg plant, but no more sweet potato!

The mistakes l made last year was to have the heating up at 75 f not to let her go to bed at sunset to name two.

Oh and l cut my toes nails today, the thought of some else cutting them fills me with dread as skin grows under them and l have to be careful otherwise l bleed like hell.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

I spear figs whole on a skewer, the seeds are the best bit, and Sanjay likes to forage for them. We went to bed at 6.30 pm last night, as we didn't get any sleep on Tuesday night due to noisy neighbour in the next flat, when I tackled him about it yesterday morning, he was rude, and made very immature remarks, so I reported it and logged it. They must have spoken to him about it, because he knocked on my flat door yesterday afternoon I refused to answer because I knew it wouldn't be an apology but an aggrieved moan because I'd "grassed him up". Anyway, Sanjay took his early night extremely well, and doesn't hate me for it.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Looks like you have the same problems as we have, Keep a noise dairy, the neighbours before Emma were hell, l think they were bloody minded becuase l complained to them about their noise at night before l complained to the HA. And in my letter to the HA l sent a month of noise and threatened to send a copy to head office. The lady below, Claire said she did not want to lose the flat becasue of my complaints, so l told her to stop making her noise. In the end she stabbed her boyfriend was arrested and lived with her sister while on bail and then got sentanced to 9 months. So l had peace and quiet for nearly a year.

Emma is not too bad she still allows the doors to bang but seems to go to sleep at 2 am and all quiet!

This noisy neighbour is it the one just moved in?

The dried limes are a no no and Billie did not touch the fig but l will have another go. Good old Sanjay our birds have such good natures.

Play some music it helps as a distraction, also cover up sudden bangs.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

I don't play music at 1am because I'm asleep, and his racket started at 1am and continued to 5am, no, it is not our new neighbour, this one has been complained about before, by people in the house next door. No consideration at all. Anyway, today has been peaceful, and at one point I thought Sanjay had glued his beak shut with dried fig (he has both fresh and dried), he had it plastered around his beak, and didn't answer me when I asked him how he was, he always makes a noise of affirmation. So, seeing the sticky beak had a sticky beak, I got worried and moved closer, stuck a finger through the bar, and he opened his beak in protest, phew!. He had a shower with the spray bottle today, it makes him go all frisky afterwards, rather like a dog does after a bath, when you can't do a thing with them.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

I put half a fresh fig in Billie's container and like all things she does not like it got the big heave ho, lets hope that what goes around comes around for your noisy neighbour, if he is awake until 5 am then he will not enjoy Sanjay being Sanjay and calling out at 8 am, l hope your neighbour gets his come uppance.

Today has been very interesting, after l took the covers off and Billie was jolly glad to see me, just like the old days. I showed her l was moving her box from under the dining room table where she stood gaurd in case my feet got too close well l moved it onto a ledge under the coffee table pushed close to the sofa.

Then l took out her bowls and washed them then the grid and gave that a good scrub. I did not need to do the tray because that was still clean, Billie watched but made no attempt to go down into the tray. I put the seed on top of the pellets. And confined her to barracks while l played the organ, she wanted to inspect her box and kept calling my only answer was Hallo l thought she might get the hint and say hallo too, no way.

I had breakfast on my lonesome and then relented and let her out she inspected the box but soon came out and wanted to explore. No way! I told her and the second time l had to use two perches to get her back in her cage.

She has not sat on my shoulder, and not tried to masturbate on me or her triangles. I think she has been a lot better today.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Busy, busy, busy, sigh, so today I went to my daughters, she always cooks a lovely meal. Of course, when I got back, Sanjay demanded to know where his Birdie bag was.
Anyway, we had a feline photograph frame in the shop, printed with the following "Cats never come when you call, they take a message and get back to you", I suspect the same could be said of our Ringnecks.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Billie used to like to listen to the answer phone messages, l have not played to her recently. I finally weighed Billie today and when l went to write the weight down in my records found l have not weighed for over 2 months.

When the vet weighed her back in january he said she was under weight at 257 grams, since then her weight dropped off slowly to the lowest March 225 grams in April if levelled out at 241 grams for 7 months. But now 05/10/14 she weighed in at 283 grams,m which is not suprising as she has been sharing my food, Corn flakes in full fat milk, Corn cooked and other cooked veg. Cheese/ Sweet uncooked veg like Sweet peas pie crust, sheperd's pie and stew with rice. Bread and butter for tea. And for a treat half a polo mint.

But now because she goes to bed so early she does not share my evening meal and this morning she turned her nose up at corn flakes in full fat milk she wanted to go exploring. No more mints, bread and butter well everything l eat is off her menu.

In the morning she is locked in her cage but after brunch I allow her out under supervison. But oh dear l have to jam books and files into crevices, this afternoon she was on her side scratching like mad to get past a box file into the inner receesses of the sofa! At one time she was just sitting there with her eyes closed l thought something was wrong but she was just having a doze.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

I have never weighed Sanjay, or felt the need to, I would have to catch the little monkey first anyway, and he'd be traumatised. Sanjay prefers his corn raw and on the cob. Billie trying to squeeze into tiny spaces reminds me of a German Shepherd we owned who was brontophobic, also afraid of fireworks, the ones we bred were bombproof, we had recordings of loud scary noises which were played daily when they were still in the whelping box. But to see a large dog trying to squeeze into tiny spaces was quite upsetting. Billie should have a sign on her cage "I got this body on junk food", I cannot imagine Sanjay wanting half of the human food she was eating!, never mind, Billie is loved.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

I think regular weighing is a way of discovering health problems early, but the little devil did not want to sit on the scales but l was able to throw a towel over her and pouncing quickly stopped her escaping. I carefully lifted her up and made sure the scales were working and lowered her down. She sat very still while l carefully removed the towel and l able to take a good reading. She is a darling.
I forgot to tun off the gas fire last night so it was quite warm in the LR this morning. I want to bring the temp down so she understands what winter is. last year l had the temp at 75 and this threw her clock out. She thought it was spring and egg laying time in January!
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Sanjay prefers to eat eggs, and the jury is out on gender, because I don't get hormonal problems from him. Today he has pineapple and raspberries on his fruit skewer, and I am so glad he has a UV light, the weather is nasty outside.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Does he get a sun tan? Do you?

Billie has been very good today she waited patiently after l got back from the doctors, l only went for a flu jab but he told me l had to start counting calories. One and two button my shoe, Three and four some one at the door, Five and six pick up sticks, Seven and ate that reminds its dinner time!

I weighed my self today only 6 lbs over weight. I was quite amazed to find that 40 grams of porridge oats, 300 ml of semi skinned and 25 grams of Golden syrup are less calories than 45 grams of Museli and 300 ml of semi skinned! I have thousands of tins of Golden syrup in the cupboard waiting for a rainy day, OH! Look Its raining! Porridge is back on the menu.

Where was I?

Oh yes! Bilie spent three hours on the carpet trying to get past the box file, shredding my carpet, hacking chunks off the sofa and just enjoying herself. Then it was bed time/
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

You have just reminded me to book my flu jab, I had the one off pneumonia jab last year. No sun tans, but it really has enriched the colour of his plumage.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

I spilt a glass of Blackberry juice on my desk and before I could mop it up it dribbled all over my keyboard and it now has sticky keys, shall l wash it in hot soapy water?

Billie is losing interest in the floor, she came back to her cage several times. This morning l discovered Asda were out of swedes a lady said Morrisons were too so had to go down to Tesco and got some there. Bought some more pomegranites Billie likes these they are from Spain.

It is too cold for salads so l have moved into steamed vegs, Billie used to enjoy my steamed veg but it was a mistake to give her hot mushy food so she will have to settle for the uncooked portions.

She was up with lark this morning and l had hardly uncovered her than she pooping. "Not on the cage!" Too late.

Did Sanjay get a jab too?
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

My flu jab is next Thursday, and Sanjay doesn't need one, he is extremely healthy and well adjusted.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Lovely sunset.

Billie and l have one mind with the same intent she sussed out the cavity under my swivel recining chair and l stuffed the cavity full of newspapers to keep her out!

Big mistake!

She had a field day dragging bits out what a mess, so l helped her there is not much harm she can come to inside the chair unless l use the recliner, but as was demonstrated this aftermoon l yelled out "Duck!" And she stood up and said "Where?" And got her head clouted as l swivelled the chair.

Afterwards she climbed up my trouser leg and enjoyed a scratch then went back to the affray. She has not bothered with her box today.

Yesterday l covered her up using a continental quilt to keep out the light and forgot to take it off. In the morning she had chewed through the bottom perch, it must have taken her all night she had a little doze this morning.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

I'm not surprised! The graveyard shift is very tiring. Has her headache gone yet?
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

I dunno about that but just dug a grave for Norton 360, It kept coming up with Error 4308 and then suggested l uninstall and reinstall 360, it uninstalled but said it could not reinstall. I phoned Norton in the states and got straight through but he wanted me to pay £79 for remote assistance, no way so l bought a new Norton product cost £39 and after paying for it; Norton said they had found my accouint and if l entered the 360 product code l could have it back. Then of course l would have to get my money back for the new product, l tell you between Chris2 (my computer) and Billie (my parrot) l shall have an early grave.

Billie has been a charming lady all day.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

I let Billie climb up into my swivel reclining chair and then l lent it backwards she came out like a scalded cat it gave her a bad scare, she has not tried to get back but she climbed up my leg three times to say hallo and got a scratch.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

I was reading that birds are afraid of the dark so l have turned her nesting box round so it catches some light, l showed it to her. I thought she would be a shappy as a sand girl butshe hardly gave it a glance but she has spent more time on my knee this afternoon she just as sat there for 20 mins, she had a bad night, she blamed it on the neighbours.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Why would birds be afraid of the darkness?, we lived near Rendlesham forest, no street lights or houses for miles, yet plenty of birds lived there, the only ones scared of the dark, were the prisoners who absconded from a nearby open prison, they would be so terrified they would return to the prison, and tell their mates they'd got caught. Sanjay had broccoli today, he loves it, but I'm not keen on the smell.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Well it maters not now as Billie has laid an egg. The vet said let her have her laying cycle. But give her plenty of calcium. Keep her warm and sedate.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

I hope this will be her only egg, keep her sedated?, fat chance! Billie sounds to be a real character!
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

The good news is that there was no egg last night so she is following the pattern one every other day.
Today was shopping day so she was in her cage all morning, I bought all her favourites, some extra sticks to chew on but l forgot to get any more paper on a roll so l rolled a news paper tightly and hung it up in the cage, but she has totally ignored it. Her egg is still intact although she kicked it into touch several times today.

Billie wanted to explore her potential nesting sites but l think she has settled for the one in her cage as the best, its a one bedroom downstairs flat with all mod cons, but not running water but that is just outside the front door, indoor loo but l have not seen her use it yet.

She has been very loving today, but wanted to rub herself on me which of course is not allowed, she sat on my knee with her eyes closed for a few minutes, and has allowed me to put my hand in her cage several times with out biting me. She was sitting on my shoulder but flew back to the cage to poop that was very considerate of her!

So l wait.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Sanjays hatchday came early, he was hatched in November, one of our volunteer collectors gave me a carrier bag full of unopened Nutriberries and Avicakes, we don't get bird rescues and they would have gone to waste, needless to say I made a donation to "pay" for my largesse. They are slightly out of date, but unopened, and vacuum sealed Sanjay thoroughly enjoyed sampling them this afternoon.I am very glad I don't have your problems AJ, I would be spitting feathers.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Its okay Sanjay Mummi l see it as a challenge, on good days Billie is little bird any one would love to have and on bad days she is still the best there is
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Yes we have no eggs today!

This morning the floor of Billie's cage looked like a full waste paper basket, but by carefully draging a stick around l could see there was no extra egg. There is the one she laid two days ago still in the nesting box although judging from the noises today l think she was playing skittles with it.

Twice l put her on the floor but she did not want to explore but climbed up my leg. She has flown to my sholder while l was playing the organ and wanted to mastubate on me. I scotched her attempt each time, after that she was happy to sit in her cage with the top open.

I think she is content to see her egg still there, maybe one will be enough and maybe pigs will fly!
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Yes we have no eggs today!

Billie did a lot of nesting box cleaning and she kicked her egg out, later she moved it to where she laid it in the beginning. I was sick to death with the mess inside her cage so l took the top off and took out her nesting box with her in it and put it on the floor l picked up her egg and carefully put it on the shelf. then l got a dust pan and brush and swept her cage clean. Earwigs give me the willies and one was in the bottom of the cage YUK!

A good clean and it was all back together, with Billie still in the nesting box. l put it all back but l fully expected her to attack me but she just watched me. I carefully put the egg back on the floor of the cage, it was intact not even a crack. Billie is a sweetie, Later she came up for cuddle.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Yes we have no egg today. I like mine scrambled, I asked Billie "How do you like your egg in the morning?" Raw!

All that was left was bits of a shell.

She has been a real pest today intent on chewing the soles of all my shoes and when l did not wear any she gave my feet a nasty nip/ Ta! I tried some anti peck but that does not work, so l had to play with her all afternoon l was teaching her "CATCH!" I throw a stick and you go and bring it back after awhile she got the hang of going but would not bring it back and when l reached for it she gave me another nasty nip! Ta.

She knocked down the cuttlefish bone and she has been chewing on it and when l put her away l forgot to pick it up and all evening she was chomping on the cuttlefish bone. Can they have too much calcium? After devourijng that she chewed on a stick, anybody would think she was teething. I must have a look tomorrow.

"Open wide!" Fat chance.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Sounds promising, long may it last. "Lily Savage" aka Paul O' Grady once said she preferred her eggs unfertilised in the morning!.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Sounds good! I like my eggs sunny side up.

Since Billie laid an egg she has given up looking for a nesting site, she has been in and out of the nesting box in her cage scratching away but tonight she called me over and was standing with her beak on the box and l got this telepathic message she wanted it out so l started to wriggle it out of the door she even helped by pushing with her beak!

But she has been a real pain today wanting to masturbate on me. Abstinence won't hurt you l told her. She still wants to chomp on the soles of my feet, l am looking for an alternartive she can have safely. Wood is okay but some how it does not taste the same as smelly feet. Ask Miss K.

Recently Billie has been enjoying a new seed mix and the colour of poop has changed from dark green to pea green l hope this is a good sign?