Any ideas?

Moderator: Mods

armonico

Any ideas?

Post by armonico »

Hi there, my name is james and I am new to this forum but have a question so I thought this might be a good place to get it answered. I have owned my IRN for about 6 months now so I am still learning things about them. Lately it has been doing a strange action when I pat it ( I say it cause I'm not sure if it is a male or female). When I pat it it will pin it's eyes bend the neck back and flatten it's wings. Does anyone know what this means? And also sometimes while it is just standing around on my shoulder or knee or where ever it will lower it's head and make what almost sounds like a squeek but like it is really forcing it and struggling.

Are these actions good or bad?
sanjays mummi

Re: Any ideas?

Post by sanjays mummi »

Sanjay does this, its a sign of love, And it is possibly female behaviour.
armonico

Post by armonico »

Ah ok cool thanks :D I now need to think of a female name instead of "chong" I had a rainbow lorikeet and called it "cheech".
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

I was told Sanjay was a DNA tested male, so called him Sanjay, but although I still refer to him as such here, "he" is mostly called "Sweetie", my pet name, it covers both bases!
InTheAir

Post by InTheAir »

Don't worry, yours aren't the only birds with a gender inappropriate name. We have a male named Nila because the breeder thought he was a she and we got a dna test after the name had settled on him. I think he got off reasonably lightly compared to some I've heard of!

I take it you have heard about the recommendation of only ever patting the birds head? Here's a cute little article that is worth thinking about.
http://www.rationalparrot.com/tease.html
armonico

Post by armonico »

So in other words I've been giving my IRN a female avian version of blue balls? :cry: :? :|
InTheAir

Post by InTheAir »

Nicely put :lol: