Whats my IRN doing?

Moderator: Mods

mizzrai

Whats my IRN doing?

Post by mizzrai »

I bought an IRN 11 days ago. I was told he/she is about 6-7 months old. No rings around neck or anything to imply what he/she is. Doesnt really make any noises/sounds at all. Once or twice he's chirped when he sees me, gets very excited and runs around the cage, hangs upside down, does a 360 of the cage.....This is when I get in from work.

I've not let him out the cage yet, maybe in 1-2 weeks time, once he's used to the environment.
Still scared of my hand, doesnt eat anything from it. Runs to the other sde of the cage if my hand is even anywhere near.

A strange thing he does, come around 9pm, he hangs off the side of the cage inside, fluffs up and beak goes onto the bar (as if he's about to eat it)-I'm assuming he's resting it there. He stays on the side hanging for a long time, is that normal behavior?
He stays like this for 2 hours or so. Even if i go near him, he wont move, just looks straight at the tv.

Any clues to what he's doing?
Donovan

Re: Whats my IRN doing?

Post by Donovan »

he's just relaxing and has a weird way of doing it
mizzrai

Post by mizzrai »

I got a bit scared the first couple of days. Wondering what's he doing.
But I guess as it's a regular thing daily, it must be normal.
I'm assuming he likes to watch the TV alot.

I've only had budgies in the past and never saw that type of behaviour. So got worried.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Sanjay often shoves his beak between the bars and gives it a rub, sometimes this is a "kissy" invitation.
mizzrai

Post by mizzrai »

Love to give him a kiss, if he let me anywhere near.
Hopefully in the future, once he's tamed a bit more.