Sapphire has decided she likes learning tricks

Moderator: Mods

InTheAir

Sapphire has decided she likes learning tricks

Post by InTheAir »

At almost a year old, Sapphire has been really keen on trying Nila's tricks. She jumped in on a game of connect 4 when Nila and I were playing last week and started putting the counters into the correct slot. When she ran out of counters she tried to destroy the the game set :lol:
The other trick that she learnt was to wave. Both birds were on the training perch so I cued Nila to wave and rewarded him, then turned to Sapphire and cued her to wave which she did. She hasn't been taught to wave and the cue for handling her feet is not similar to the wave cue. I thought that was pretty cool and we did it a couple more turns before she got bored of it and flew off to find something to destroy. :lol:

She has also learnt to say "what are you doing" clearly over the past few days, after months of screeching something that sounds like "watchado" or "whatachicken". She learns her words from Nila, so the results are a bit like Chinese whispers. She can also say "over here, there is an invader in our territory" in Noisy Miner (native bird. Google it if you are curious) language. When they come to the window she goes for them through the glass :mrgreen:

Not really ground breaking stuff, but she is my only Sapphire!
GeveZe

Re: Sapphire has decided she likes learning tricks

Post by GeveZe »

"Whatachicken" :lol: :lol: