baby irn's

Moderator: Mods

billsringnecks

baby irn's

Post by billsringnecks »

Hay guys, my names bill,

Here's the situation, I recently bred 3 baby ringnecks, I. Took them out around 3weeks old, now there around 6 weeks, when I handfeed them I do it separately because I can't get them to sit still,
Anyways everytime I go to get one out of the cage they either run n hide in a corner or go to bite me ( only in the cage), I've read about ringnecks having cage aggression n that in the wild they search for there food etc but my ones are still young n I can't offer them sunflower seeds etc, I was just wondering would they grow outta this or is there another way to help them relax, ?

Thanks, any help will b Much appreciated
Melika

Re: baby irn's

Post by Melika »

By now they should know you are the food source and be at the cage door practically begging to come out.

Do you spend time with them besides hand-feeding?
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay
billsringnecks

Post by billsringnecks »

Yeh I do take them out every chance I get, but when they are out they either try to hide or look for a way to get back to the cage,
Maybe there cage is too big so they don't feel the need to be out of it ?

N they never ever beg for food like my cocktails used to, the ringnecks are syringe fed
jimmyjack

Post by jimmyjack »

i had a similar situation with salvador. it took quite a while for him to come around, but eventually one day he just started scrambling toward us rather than away from us. hang in there and keep at it. theyre still just adjusting to you.

(ive currently got the inverse problem with the new youngings. the two of them are just weaning but still scream all day for food, so i try to feed them and they dont want a bar of it, just want to play with it pretend to eat and lick the spoon then keep bobbing and screaming. if they even hear me or see me they go crazy to try and get to me. not sure which situation i prefer :lol: )