Advice on wing clipping

Moderator: Mods

KornNZ

Advice on wing clipping

Post by KornNZ »

Ok so i need some advice i'v had my 5yr old girl for 2 months now an was thinking about geting her wings clipped in the next few days have a avian veterinarian just down the road. Now my question is will it do more harm then good as shes 5 i'v been working with her everyday but when she comes out the cage she hightails it stright to highest curtain an stays there make hard to work with her then i have to chase around the room till se goes back in her cage.Oh an sorry if this has been asked before i did look through a few pages but most of the post where about young birds. :?:
SCB -SA

Re: Advice on wing clipping

Post by SCB -SA »

Hi her age isnt really a worry, as a ringneck of any age is tameable with the time and patience.
I think clipping your girls wings will make taming and handling her much easier and you can always let her wings grow out should you not like it
Joanie

Post by Joanie »

i agree. i have had mine for a week and all she would do was fly away as soon as i came near her. i clipped her wings so we can work together, now she has to pay attention and not just take off. she can always earn her wings back after she has learned something.
good luck with your fid
julie

Post by julie »

LOL either way tame or untame they are going to be a pain to get back in the cage :lol: mine get up out of reach and mock me saying "here boy come here boy". Im surprised mine havent started saying your getting clipped yet. I would clip her, especially with her being new she has a good chance of accidently escaping through an open door or window ect.