my new irn - stickin out his tongue- why?

Moderator: Mods

nicki

my new irn - stickin out his tongue- why?

Post by nicki »

Hi guys I have been wanting an IRN for ages and finally brought one home yesterday :D he/she is approx 13 weeks old and guy in pet shop said was hand reared. He is very quiet,has not made a noise yet! I guess this is cos is settling in and gettin used to us doesnt seem overly afraid of us if but if try to stroke him he just moves away so we have been just sittin by cage with door open and puttin hand in but not tryin to touch him which he seems fine with. He is eating loads! ,we have been talkin to him and he sits there lookin at us and sort of movin his beak and stickin his tongue out anyone know what this means?
julie

Re: my new irn - stickin out his tongue- why?

Post by julie »

3 of mine do it when I have food, its kinda like they are yawning at me. Im not sure why though.
effekt

Post by effekt »

Mine do that all the time, I even got a few funny pictures of them sticking their tongue out!

They are usually yawning when they do it, or something feeling something on their beak with their tongue. 13 weeks is about the same age as my IRNs and mine are pretty quiet still. They rarely make any noise, just watch and absorb everything that is going on around them.

pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

That is a great pic.
Such a pretty blue.
iluvringnecks

Post by iluvringnecks »

My adult ringnecks endlessly lick me, I don't know why but it looks pretty funny they are as bad as my chihuahuas.