great games

Moderator: Mods

jimmyjack

great games

Post by jimmyjack »

i'm interested to know if anyone has some great games they play to interact with their parrot to help build bonds but also test their intelligence and stimulate them.
bec

Re: great games

Post by bec »

mutley plays fetch
he sits on my shoulder & i say fetch & throw his ball
he lfys off me and runs after the ball its so cute
smallworld

Post by smallworld »

Bec's fetch idea sounds like fun!

Have you tried with those kids toys? You know the plastic ones, where you could fit different shapes into the matching holes.

Here's just to give you an idea of what I mean : http://www.craftsmanspace.com/images/st ... 0Shape.jpg

They have that in the simpler, plastic variation, which I'm sure will be lighter for the bird to carry in his beak. :)

Stole the idea from that famous lady with Alex the Grey.
bec

Post by bec »

no havent tried anything like that .....didnt even realy train mutley about his ball either metley had his ball at the petshop & he loved it so much that when i picked him up they let me take it with him he wont even come out of his cage unless i bring his ball too he loves all his games with his ball & when we are sitting on the couch watching telly he grabs his ball & runs under my blanket or in to a corner & starts sayng kiss kiss then making kissing sounds at it its so funny
smallworld

Post by smallworld »

Mutley sounds like a really cute boy (especially the kiss kiss part)!! haha I read that one where he was whispering hello mutley too :) Great flock you got there.