Tis the season....

Moderator: Mods

Skyes_crew

Tis the season....

Post by Skyes_crew »

For Derbyans breeding. My flock will be expanding yet again. I have reserved a male derbyan from the upcoming breeding season. I will post pics of the parents as soon as I get back out to my breeders place. Slowly working my way down the asiatic list. :D
I am owned by my birds...and I wouldn't have it any other way :D

Skyes_crew

Re: Tis the season....

Post by Skyes_crew »

Derbyan's are awesome breeders!! Compared to ringnecks they are easy. Not overly aggressive at all. The male mating dance is definitely something to behold lol. Their breeding season here falls just after ringneck season is coming to a close. They like the hotter weather. So late spring they start working the boxes. My breeder has eight pair...one male curses like a sailor :lol: the hens have just started laying here. They are great parents and you should have no problems with leaving the chicks in the nest. One thing my breeder does though...he separates the pairs from being right next to one another. I'm interested to see what comes out of one pairing. He had a MP hen and a derbyan cock in a communal flight and he found them mating. He moved them to their own flight and put up a box and he currently has eggs. Going to be an interesting breeding. :mrgreen:
I am owned by my birds...and I wouldn't have it any other way :D

spouch

hi!

Post by spouch »

Derbyan's are awesome breeders!! Compared to ringnecks they are easy. Not overly aggressive at all. The male mating dance is definitely something to behold lol. Their breeding season here falls just after ringneck season is coming to a close. They like the hotter weather. So late spring they start working the boxes. My breeder has eight pair...one male curses like a sailor the hens have just started laying here. They are great parents and you should have no problems with leaving the chicks in the nest. One thing my breeder does though...he separates the pairs from being right next to one another. I'm interested to see what comes out of one pairing. He had a MP hen and a derbyan cock in a communal flight and he found them mating. He moved them to their own flight and put up a box and he currently has eggs. Going to be an interesting breeding.

The nice answer!