Alexandrine Companion Advice

Moderator: Mods

finnie_uk

Alexandrine Companion Advice

Post by finnie_uk »

Hi All,

I have an 18 month old Alexandrine, we are looking at options to buying him a companion. A few questions:

1. If we buy another Alexandrine, does shex (sorry for typo but forum doesn't like use of the word for me) of the bird matter?
2. Can 2 Alexandrines share a cage?
3. If I bought a ringneck instead could they be good companions for each other?
4. Could Alexandrine and ringneck share a cage?
5. What are the chances of us buying another parrot and either of them not wanting to share cages together? (this one is important because I don't have enough room in our home for 2 cages).
6. Also can 2 parrots (ringneck or Alexandrine) be kept in cage together throughout thr day without us coming home from work to find one of them dead or injured?

The main reason we are looking at buying a companion is because we work 9-5 Mon -Fri we felt our poor Alexandrine is now suffering from boredom because of his lonely day time and we don't want that, looking for any advice out there. We may have to resort to getting rid of him to a family that can devote more time throughout the whole day but really only want to explore this option as a last resort.

cheers,
Craig
julie

Re: Alexandrine Companion Advice

Post by julie »

I have an alex in with two indians but it depends on the personalities of the birds. my boy mika isnt aggressive and neither is my two thats with him.