Flat Alex

Moderator: Mods

lene1949

Flat Alex

Post by lene1949 »

Yesterday I was sitting with 31 days old Max... he was on my chest, had tucked his little head into a fold on my t-shirt and made himself completely flat... I had my hand just resting on his back. I lifted up his head a bit, but it just went back down... I was so afraid that he was sick... Every time I see him lying down, I get afraid that he's sick...

I found my gorgeous Shrek on the bottom of his cage (he had been mauled by a rat, I think)..

Do you find baby birds will lay down?
SCB -SA

Re: Flat Alex

Post by SCB -SA »

of course they will, my babies often, after a feed, when they on my lap, get comfy and snuggle down, and as for lifting his heasd and it just dropping back down, well he's tired!! if you had to keep picking it up, you would find he would eventually shuffle and move around to try get comfy without you bothering him :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: as long as he is eating, and is fine in general the rest of the time i would say no worries, but if he has no appetite and will even lie on the bottom of the cage/ whatever you have him in, then i would say be concerned. i know baby birds, that will get comfortable and fall asleep flat on their back when they on thier owner :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: too precious!
lene1949

Post by lene1949 »

Thank you!

Max is definitely healthy. He's curious - he wants to beak everything he sees. He can run pretty fast, too, when he's trying to scare the dog... Ben (Great Dane X) already has a healthy respect for Max.

I have never had a baby this young before, and the image of Shrek probably still haunts me.

Thanks again
Lene
SCB -SA

Post by SCB -SA »

Shame man, I am sorry about Shrek, i have no idea what i would do ! I breed ringnecks, recently my first clutch hatched, 5 babies, and mommy squashed one and i was devastated as it was so tiny and i had no idea what to do. felt like it was my fault!