Size of cage and wood boxnest of Alexandrine Parakeet couple

Moderator: Mods

Paultran

Size of cage and wood boxnest of Alexandrine Parakeet couple

Post by Paultran »

Hi everyone,
I have a couple of Alexandrine Parakeet! So I want to have some babies from them but I do not know how??? I am breeding them out side of cage (not inside), and cages seperately.
So I am going to make for them a cage with the wooden boxnest for baby birthing but I do not know which measurements are comfortable with them!?
Looking forward for yours soonest reply!
Thanks and best regards,
Paul (paultran101@yahoo.com)
Attachments
Alexandrin Parakeet male (head).png
Alexandrin Parakeet male (head).png (65.09 KiB) Viewed 6904 times
IN GOD WE TRUST!!!
pinkdevil

Re: Size of cage and wood boxnest of Alexandrine Parakeet co

Post by pinkdevil »

Hi,

Here is a link that has a bit of information on Alexandrines, http://www.birdcare.com.au/alexandrine_parrot.htm

I am not sure if I understand your post correctly. Are you intending on having the nest box on the outside of the cage and birds inside the cage??
What do you mean, "cages separately"?
Paultran

Post by Paultran »

Thanks a lot pinkdevil! So sorry about my English! I am improving my English! The web which you have given me as very... very good! I am interested in it so much!
I have posted this topic because I want to have some Alex Parakeet babies, my daughters love these parrots so much! I have a couple of them, a cock and a hen! But no cage, I just have 2 stand cages for one by one! I had 3 Alexandrine Parakeets 5 years ago and I breeded them when they was babies, but one by one of them flied away from me because cat, dead,...These Alex Parakeets, I have just bought from my friends, the grew ones. But I can touch them easy and they can talk too, such as hello and some words of local language.
Do you have any experience about them? Please share to me! Thanks and best regards,
Paul
IN GOD WE TRUST!!!
Dj tweet

Post by Dj tweet »

I have no experiance with breeding them but I am looking into getting a pet one shortly
my cage for a single bird is 90cm by 90cm by 90cm and that is only just large enough for the one
as I say though he is a pet and as I'm an at home mum he will be out of cage most of time

A great forum for any and all bird info is

Parrotforums.com
I suggest you have a look there
best of luck
Paultran

Post by Paultran »

Thanks for your advises! I will access parrotforums.com for more information! Thanks a lot! Be happy in your life!
Paul
Dj tweet wrote:I have no experiance with breeding them but I am looking into getting a pet one shortly
my cage for a single bird is 90cm by 90cm by 90cm and that is only just large enough for the one
as I say though he is a pet and as I'm an at home mum he will be out of cage most of time

A great forum for any and all bird info is

Parrotforums.com
I suggest you have a look there
best of luck
IN GOD WE TRUST!!!
bAysel

Post by bAysel »

Perhaps, it is better to know the exact measurement of the cage. This will truly help them in breeding. On the other hand, I am very excited to have some Alex Parakeet babies as well.