It's been a long time!!!!!

A place to talk about all species, apart from our Ringnecks. Please, post video and pics when available.

Moderator: Mods

Lisa's Tiki

It's been a long time!!!!!

Post by Lisa's Tiki »

I know I haven’t been around in a long time, I’ve been swamped at work – two co-workers are out on maternity leave only two weeks apart during our busiest time of the year – UGH! So all the cross training that went on prior to their leave up through now - they are both still on leave, due back next month, but things are FINALLY starting to slow down! All my fids are doing great. Here’s a funny that my IRN said the other day…….

I went to uncover Tiki’s cage the other morning and I was just happening to be standing right where he was sitting at. When I pulled the cover off we were eye to eye and Tiki exclaimed very loudly “MMMOOOOMMMMMMMMY!” I started laughing at replied back “Tiki” in the same excited high pitched tone and Tiki replied back again “MMMOOOMMMMMMYYY!” Talk about a heart melting moment! Good thing it was Sunday and I didn’t have to go to work! Tiki has also started a ritual with me, every morning as I am changing his papers, he will get beak to nose with me and say “Give me a kiss!” So I rub my nose on his beak and together we make kissie noises and then in unison we say “Kiss Kiss!” and then it starts all over again. I have tried to capture it on video, but as soon as Tiki see’s the camera, he shuts up!

We have also had a new addition to our flock, a little GCC named Tweeters. I was asked to take in this bird by this family. They lived in a mansion complete with a lagoon pool and maid quarters, when I went to pick her up, they have this huge beautiful home and they kept this poor baby in a very small cage in the laundry room!!!!!! Luckily the bird mart was that Sunday, so I bought Tweeters a nice new big cage which sits between my IRN and 'tiel's cages which is in my dining room which I offically covereted into our bird room!
Melika

Post by Melika »

Awwww, that's so sweet! And congrats on the new addition. ^_^
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay