Bingo the hobby and Jingo the lesser kestrel

A place to talk about all species, apart from our Ringnecks. Please, post video and pics when available.

Moderator: Mods

giantfoot_truck

Bingo the hobby and Jingo the lesser kestrel

Post by giantfoot_truck »

Hey everyone this is my two birds of prey I had when I was 7.5 years old, they live with us for 5 years and die when Im 12.5 years old.
They died from the twisted head disease, we took them to the vet and do everything we can to cure them, but its just no chance.

Here they are:

The lesser kestrel died first, and the hobby cured from the disease, but a year later he is affected again and go back to his best friend in heaven.

Dont mind about the cage, they are only inside the cage when at night(sleeping time), most of the time they are outside on their bird stand. But that was a long time ago.
Last edited by giantfoot_truck on Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
giantfoot_truck

By the way thats me when Im 7.5 year old, holding bingo from far. I look funny right? lol :lol:

Im just afraid he would jump to my face, thats why I hold him from far.
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

:D Wow! They must of been interesting pets to have as a child. Very beautiful birds! Love their eyes.

You look like a cute kid! hehe.

Gosh, I love birds of prey. When road tripping through Central Australia I saw so many wedge tailed eagles and they just took my breath away! I have been up close to one and its amazing how stunning they are!
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

You look so cute ! and wow to be holding a kestrel .. one of my all time favorite birds ..thanks for sharing the pics, they are so beautiful.
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

giantfoot_truck

:D Lol! Thanks you two!

By the way that blue cage they are living in is the same cage used for the ringneck doves now, I descend it to the doves 4 years after their death. I cleaned and brushed the cage from the dirt and rust, it became as clean as before.

I dont want to dispose the cage, as it contain lots of memory and can be used for future bird.
conurelover2007

Post by conurelover2007 »

I have never seen these kind of birds before. Must have been some wonderful pets.