Welcome Jasmine

A place to talk about all species, apart from our Ringnecks. Please, post video and pics when available.

Moderator: Mods

Hestia

Welcome Jasmine

Post by Hestia »

Well I couldn't help myself, it was the MBS (multiple Bird Syndome). I saw a posting for a goffins cockatoo that needed a new home. I felt so bad for this birdie, and knew I had to step in and rescue her. So today I made the call and went and got her.
Poor Jasmine has been so stressed out and been chewing on her feathers, so she needs some extra love, care and patience. She is 7 years old, and has a very poor diet, and has chewed off most of her beautiful feathers. But I am sure I can turn her around and help her stop.

http://s178.photobucket.com/albums/w260 ... CF1200.jpg

The picture is a little blurry, but I will get more later one, I just want her to settle in more first before I stress her out more.
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

Aww she is beautiful .. she is so lucky to have you save her. Kudos to you darling. Thankyou for taking her on. Can't wait to see her as she settles in and gets better now she is with you.

You are an Angel !
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

Donna

Post by Donna »

She's a very pretty bird but I don't see where she is in such poor shape :?: Her feathers do look a little ruff but by no means does she look like she was stressed and feather distructing. She just looks like she could use a couple good baths.

Donna :D
In Loving Memory
of one special husband and one special bird.

I miss you both
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Aww shes gorgeous! Good on you for taking her in. Cant wait to see her happy and healthy again. Lucky girl she is. :wink:
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
Hestia

Post by Hestia »

Donna, from the front she does look beautiful. I have taken more pictures since then and you can see the damage that she has done to herself. I did bathe her, but believe it or not she doesn't really care for baths.
She is now starting to come out her her shell a little bit. Talking dancing, and bobbing up and down. But she loves her seeds and she is still trying to chew.
I have been trying to get her to become more interested in other things, such as toys, but I don't think she really knows how to play with toys.
If anyone has any helpful ideas or tips I would really appreciate it.

PS I also posted a short video of her, you can see she is happy but she just doesn't look her best.
Donna

Post by Donna »

Just keep offering wood toys I haven't seen a Too yet that wasn't a termite in feathers. She'll come around you'll see. And once they get a good taste of different foods she will then eat you out of house and home. Gotta love em!!

Donna :D
In Loving Memory
of one special husband and one special bird.

I miss you both
Hestia

Post by Hestia »

Thank you for the vote of confidence, I know its only been a couple of days, but I just have moments of doubt and think she's not going to stop. I am hoping that Indie will help teach her new things. Cause he didn't know what a pellet or toys were when I first got him. Now he wants all the new toys at once and thinks everything everyone else is eating should be his too.