Baby African Grey 7 weeks old

A place to talk about all species, apart from our Ringnecks. Please, post video and pics when available.

Moderator: Mods

Donna

Baby African Grey 7 weeks old

Post by Donna »

Image[IMG]

Donna
xo Missi

Post by xo Missi »

*melllllllllts* Awwwweee :D What a precious bebe!!
CatsChair

Post by CatsChair »

what a cutie; I love the patriotic tail feathers!!
MCS
kimtoo

Post by kimtoo »

to steal a line fronm Dani:

I want, I want, I want....!!!! what a cutie :lol: quick Missi distract Donna NOW while I hide this baby under my shirt *sneaks quietly out of the room * :shock: SQUAAAKKKKK :shock: * big mouth baby....I said I'd share....

I'll go grow up now :D
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

I want! I want! I want! *giggles*

What a cute little face...baby fids...what can be more cute???

Dani
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

TOO cute. I want!!!!!!!!
~ Mikaela Sky

Melika

Post by Melika »

Greys are so much fun! My boss (very relaxed work environment at the animal shelter) got one and I helped her raise it. She didn't even know about checking them temp of the formula! Now she knows why her caique kept getting crop infections.

What's so horrible is the breeder just sells these birds unweaned without making sure the person knows what they're doing! Grrrrr...

But they are so inquisitive and want to be involved in everything you're doing. The intelligence of the species is evident from the beginning, moreso than IRNs. The greys show less fear, wanting to learn everything. My boss' grey is beginning to make noises now that aren't grey noises. She's weaned and happy. Luckily, she comes into work with my boss so I get to spend time with her almost every day. Many greys begin muttering or trying to talk even before they are weaned.

Try to introduce your grey to new experiences and items. There's a myth about them hating new things but that's only if you never socialize them properly and don't expose them to new stuff- it becomes a self-fulfilling prophesy.

I've found my solution to MBS- spend time with other people's birds and help raise them!
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay