more Carmen

A place to talk about all species, apart from our Ringnecks. Please, post video and pics when available.

Moderator: Mods

more Carmen

Post by Guest »

she is home now.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

iaowings...stop it! You're making me want an ekkie agian! She is gorgeous...love those female colors.

You, Missi and Mattls are so lucky...I want an ekkie in my life again! However I don't buy parrots so that's out. If another male were to come around for adoption and I could afford him...he'd so be mine. I want another male...they are the best fids...

Dani
iaowings

Post by iaowings »

Oh you know u want to get a little baby boy. Join in the fun. lol

They just got in one other male, this one just weaned and I wish I had the money and space and time to take him home too.
lazy Mattls

Post by lazy Mattls »

Dani I was over at Land of Vos today and it sounds like there's a dude in hawaii about to put his male ekky up for adoption.
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

Ok you guys are sooo mean! Not fair...showing me pics of babies I can't have but want desperatly...keep them coming!

You so don't know how much I want an ekkie again. But I look over at the two parrots I already have (one is spinng round and round on her stand shrieking in her BIG macaw voice and the other is chatting up a storm, telling herself to come and and step up) I think I can wait.

There is a hole in my flock for the next bird (three is my permnant limit) and hopefully an ekkie will fill it someday.

I love the pics though and Matt I can't wait to see that little grey fluffy ball of fun turn into a michevious green monster. Boys are fun!

Dani
xo Missi

Post by xo Missi »

Aww what a sweet face! She looks just like my Jazzypie! YAY for Ekkies! :D Try her on boiled mashed sweet potatos, she'll love them!
Bird crazy

Post by Bird crazy »

Oh my eyes hurt she's so bright and pretty, great photo.

I'm with Danni, girls are pretty but I'd want a male. But I think my second bird is going to be a littlt grey ringneck. we'll see how much my husband objects when I tell him I'm going to pick it up.

I'll let you know. In the meantime, keep the pics of Carmen coming, I
may change my mind, never know.

Sue and Nila
Sue
Rowdy Vos eclectus, Dolly Cockatiel
Nila Blue IRN, Priya Grey IRN, and Bigotes the cat
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

I'm sorry but you can't get a finer companion than a male ekkie. They are the greatest! That hole in my flock will hopefully be filled with one...eventually

DAni
xo Missi

Post by xo Missi »

female ekkies > male ekkies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:

SUE!!!!!!!!!!! I WANNA GO WITH YOU WHEN YOU GET HIM! :roll: :lol:

I told you you'd get him! I'm so excited for you both!!! He needs a sweet loving mama like yourself! Oh I'm so happy :D *don't burst my bubble* :wink:
kimtoo

Post by kimtoo »

lost me on this thread break guys... :?

Who is getting what? when? :!:
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

I dunno...lost myself LOL

Boy we're getting good and going completely off topic aren't we???

And Missi...male ekkies are the best! Just wait until Jazzy turns into a raging hormonal red headed she devil...those are fun!

I love those bright green boys...nothing finer that waking up to one of those greeting you in the day.

I miss Bodi :(

Dani
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

I dunno...lost myself LOL

And Missi...male ekkies are the best! Just wait until Jazzy turns into a raging hormonal red headed she devil...those are fun!

I love those bright green boys...nothing finer that waking up to one of those greeting you in the day.

Dani
xo Missi

Post by xo Missi »

Dani03 wrote:I dunno...lost myself LOL

Dan

:cry: I was just teasing...maybe I chose the wrong bird then? :?
kimtoo

Post by kimtoo »

awww missi :roll:

you know that any fid that owns you is the perfect fid. they each have their quirks but one is no more "right" than any other if you love it...just be ready for the "red she devil" :twisted: --you can always bring her out at halloween :wink:

*hugs*
kimtoo

Post by kimtoo »

now*tapping foot* somebody fess up---SUE :shock: are you getting an ekkie :?:
iaowings

Post by iaowings »

Everybody warned me about the she-devil when I was looking at getting a female ekkie. Carmen was already a mean bird to everyone but me. She picked me and I could not say no. she has calmed down a little and will now go to other people, I was worried she was going to be a one-person bird. To my surprise she is just incredibly picky about who she likes. I feel special to be part of her circle of trust. Mostly she likes people who move slow and talk to her first. I know that when she gets older and hormonal its going to be hell to pay around here because she is moody and in charge already. Don’t get me wrong she knows the rules and that I will if necessary enforce them. she just has this huge personality and she loves to let people know it
Bird crazy

Post by Bird crazy »

Kim,
sorry for the confusion. No I'm not getting an ekkie, I had one and it's a long heartrending story. He is alive and last I heard well a few miles from me but I can't see him. It still breaks my heart and I could never get another one as long as I know he's alive. I keep hoping he'll come back to me or rather if he needs to I want to be able to take him.

But there is a baby grey irn, i posted pics of him some time ago, at a local pet store. He was gorgeous, but my hubby has been pretty adamant about not getting another bird. Went to see him again the other day and was sick he looked so bad. Not being fed correctly, not being housed correctly. He was hunched in the corner, fluffed up and his feathers are all ragged. Broke my heart. I have since really been putting pressure on my hubby and he's beginning to cave. He admitted to me he went in and looked at the bird yesterday and it was still alive. Can't believe he did that.

I get paid tomorrow and I think I'm just going to go get him and hope for the best that there won't be a divorce over it. Only thing is my brother in law is coming from out of town to visit tomorrow and staying the weekend. So trying to decide if I should wait or hope for the distraction to difuse hubby's being so mad.

Any suggestions. I can't leave that bird there and sleep at night anymore.

Sue and Nila
Sue
Rowdy Vos eclectus, Dolly Cockatiel
Nila Blue IRN, Priya Grey IRN, and Bigotes the cat

Post by Guest »

HI Sue,

I vote for bringing the fid home! The sooner the better...let DBIL distract DH.

Sorry to hear about your ekkie :(

*hugs*
kimtoo

Post by kimtoo »

dang it!! my fault that time!! twas me again :lol: kim
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

Missi...was joking hun ;) females are great...once not in breeding mode. Now the males...they are perfect 100% of the time...(of course I'm being biased)

Dani
xo Missi

Post by xo Missi »

I knew you were, sorry... was pms-y and sensitive yesterday :lol: Probably a little too much info there...but hey! We're family! *hugs*
xo Missi

Post by xo Missi »

Hey buddy! What pellets do you feed Carmen?
iaowings

Post by iaowings »

Carmen gets a mix off toper ranch seed and zupreem pellet. But only when I am gone, if I can make it back in less than and hour or two she gets fresh foods. I try to keep her on a 90+% fresh food diet and am looking into sprouting.
xo Missi

Post by xo Missi »

iaowings wrote:Carmen gets a mix off toper ranch seed and zupreem pellet. But only when I am gone, if I can make it back in less than and hour or two she gets fresh foods. I try to keep her on a 90+% fresh food diet and am looking into sprouting.

What about when you're gone at work? Do you work in home???
iaowings

Post by iaowings »

I am going to school right now. So I can usually make it home between classes, on the two days that i am gone for more that 4 hours she gets the zupream and toper ranch seed mix.
xo Missi

Post by xo Missi »

Oh so you don't work a job right now? LUCKYYY!! :lol:

Then again, school is a job in it's own. How old are ya?
iaowings

Post by iaowings »

Im 26 just got out of the navy after 5 years of that I decided its back to school for me except this time I finish with a real degree. Its lots of work but I think it will be worth it.