Prinny...the teacher?

A place to talk about all species, apart from our Ringnecks. Please, post video and pics when available.

Moderator: Mods

Dani03

Prinny...the teacher?

Post by Dani03 »

Ok my Prinny has been teaching Aggie how to whistle. No, Agg did not come knowing this but now she does this cute attempt at a whistle. She learns fast!

Aggie is stepping up now! Yaaaay! It took me wrapping my arm in an Ace bandage and a long sleeved shirt and giving her no option but the step up and now she's doing it willingly.

Dani
iaowings

Post by iaowings »

I love when birds teach each other.
Donna

Post by Donna »

yes it's amazing what they pick up in a hurry. I'm going to try that ace bandage thing to see if I can get Rocky to step up. Right now I have to use a perch to get him out of the cage. THANKS Dani

Donna
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

That ACE bandage saved me a lot of brusies! It was the best idea that someone gave me...you can use it with any fid out there

Dani
Bird crazy

Post by Bird crazy »

Way to go Dani, making progress, that's good, Now have you found the camera yet?

I think you are brave to risk that big beak of an adult macaw. I'm no pansy waist but let me tell you they scare the bejeebers out of me.

So get someone to take a pic of Aggie on your arm and let's see it, oh and how are Miss Prinny and Aggie getting along?

Sue and Nila
Sue
Rowdy Vos eclectus, Dolly Cockatiel
Nila Blue IRN, Priya Grey IRN, and Bigotes the cat
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

*smiles sheepishly* I am about to count that darned camera as gone forever...the house gnome must has made off with it LOL

Macaw beaks are nothing...now an angry IRN that's a force to be reackoned with. Macaws have a more blunt tipped beak, they mostly just bruise. IRNs/Cockatoos/Amazons now those are beaks that pierce the skin...not nice. Like I said, as long as you have an ACE bandage and padding between you and that beak...it's easy

Aggie and Prinny are getting along fine. No I don't let them anywhere near each other yet (mama's nerves can't take that yet!) but Prinny has perked up now that she's here. When Bodi passed...she got quiet and hardly spoke a word. Now she's back to her usual chatter box self. I am just happy that they aren't mortal enemies :D

Dani