My flock

A place to talk about all species, apart from our Ringnecks. Please, post video and pics when available.

Moderator: Mods

iaowings

My flock

Post by iaowings »

Mack
ImageImage

Doots
ImageImage

Patty and Sam
ImageImage

George
ImageImage

Carmen
ImageImage

ImageImage

Post by Guest »

Doots and Mack stay in the same cage now (it is nice and big) the one in the pic is his quarantine cage.
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

I love that tiel...very handsome fellow...the lovies are adorable and of course I adore that ekkie

Dani
kosejentan

Post by kosejentan »

What a beautiful flock you have! :D Loved the pics!
Pamela with 2 budgies, 2 tiels and a baby Indian Ringneck named Jia
~*Gwennie*~

Post by ~*Gwennie*~ »

aww!
~the stubborn one~
Bird crazy

Nice family

Post by Bird crazy »

Good looking flock of birds.

And nice variety. You can testify to how unique they all are.

Sue and Nila
Sue
Rowdy Vos eclectus, Dolly Cockatiel
Nila Blue IRN, Priya Grey IRN, and Bigotes the cat
Donna

Post by Donna »

I love the two in the window :D They look like their waiting for the mailman. LOL Thanks Their all gorgeous.

Donna
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

iowings.... hide you locale hunny because that gray is MINE!

*stuffs the baby into her shirt and plays it all cool*

I love you George!
~ Mikaela Sky

iaowings

Post by iaowings »

Thanks all.

I took George to the local bird shop to have his nails and wings done. The girl behind the counter did want to give George back at all. It didn’t help that George was being super sweat to her, he was all cuddled up under her chin.

He was not too happy with Carmen when they met. Carmen is not too fond of other birds that like me so she lunged at George who immediately pinned his eyes and was ready for a fight, not backing down at all. I had to quickly separate the two Carmen may be a baby but she is considerably larger than George and can get just as vicious or worse than an irn when she is pissed.
xo Missi

Post by xo Missi »

Oh yea, watch Carmen with the other birds. Jazzy would never let the lovebird near her. She ALWAYS lunged at him and once she got a hold of his beak and didn't let go. I got him away from her and there was no damage to him, luckily.

I gave the lovebird to my neighbors who *absolutly* adore him. He gets much more attention and love from them. My boyfriend and I have to dedicate all our attention to Jazzy.

I don't think I'd let ANY of the other fids around Carmen. I have heard ekkies don't do well with other birds, especially females.

Post by Guest »

I would have to agree with that. She went after a friends lorrie that jumped on my shoulder. She chased poor Jackson right back to his mommy th4e whole time he was yelling for help. Jackson thought he was tough until he was face to face with big angry red bird.
xo Missi

Post by xo Missi »

That's hillarious because usually Lori's are the very aggressive ones!!
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

Female ekkies generally don't get along with much LOL Males are the 'sweetier' ones but there are expections. I miss my Bodi :(

Dani
iaowings

Post by iaowings »

Carmen is so feisty everything has to go her way or she turns into a royal #$%^&. Everyone at the bird shop is amazed because I am the only one that can stand up to her. I think it’s because I am not afraid of that beak, and she knows I will not tolerate any bad behavior. She is so aggressive with other birds though, she will go after too’s and big mac’s, so I have to watch her around the other birds.

She got her name because of her attitude, the main character in the opera Carmen is a feisty fiery hot-tempered gypsy named Carmen. That description sums up Carmen the bird as well. I love the girl though and would not have her any other way; I think I fell in love with her because she has such a hot personality. I am dreading mating season when she gets older but I know I can handle it. I think I am going to need a sign that says “beware wild attack parrot”, to place on the front door and on her cage.

She is now on two feedings a day so she should be weaned before Christmas (yay).
Did I mention she hates kids; you can feel her tense up when they get close to her. Two days ago, she surprised the heck out of me, this boy (around 10 y/o) asked if Carmen was nice as he reached up to pet her. To my surprise she stepped up and let him pet her for about 30 seconds and then jumped back to me. I also think her hatred of children is the same reason she dislikes lories, they move to fast for her to watch. You can see her trying to follow the little birds with her eyes and then get frustrated, at that point, she says “screw it” and try’s to bite it.