Update: So proud of Punkin, really coming along...

A place to talk about all species, apart from our Ringnecks. Please, post video and pics when available.

Moderator: Mods

Mikaela

Update: So proud of Punkin, really coming along...

Post by Mikaela »

I have no doubt I can break her from this, as it isnt that big of a deal with her... mild case. So, rather than providing her a space to be territorial over, I have decided to work with her very hard with letting that go.

So far, I can now scratch her through the cage and she doesnt move. She closes her precious eyes and enjoys the moment. Quakers rock.

She has learned and became more confident in her 'step-up'. I had to start with my palm because she is such a small baby. Punkin the is a subspecies 'cotorra'. The smallest of all Quakers. She is relative to a 'tiel... just fatter. There is a simular species but upon examination, one can differientiate between the two. Some even believe they should combine the species, thus making both species 'cotorra' because they are so much alike.

She will now step onto my finger. I can now touch her everywhere and getting her use to laying in my hand on her back. Its only been a week so I think she is a pretty smart cookie. Or one that is eager to please... either way, this is definately going to work out.

Any further advice? I want to be the best Quaker mama I can be.

Food wise, she eats what my ringneck eats... Im I doing right there? Anything different, diet wise?

Thanks brothers and sisters !
:wink:

And a special hug and kiss for Kimtoo. I owe you one.
~ Mikaela Sky

kimtoo

Post by kimtoo »

Hi Mik,

I am so happy to hear how well punkin has settled into your family! I wouldn't have let her go to just anybody--but she lucked out with you*hugs*
kimtoo

Post by kimtoo »

Hey Mik:

How is Punkin doing? Her folks are still here with me...try to take my fingers off every time i feed them :shock:

Hope Punkin is doing well, are she and Baby still infatuated??

hugs
Kim
kimtoo

Post by kimtoo »

mik???? pic's please? Want to hear how punkin and baby are doin' :D Please..... :(
Ginich

Re: Update: So proud of Punkin, really coming along...

Post by Ginich »

Mikaela wrote:[i]Any further advice? I want to be the best Quaker mama I can be.

Food wise, she eats what my ringneck eats... Im I doing right there? Anything different, diet wise?

Mikaela, you might want to talk with Lynda, the new Prez of FWCAS and Coordinator of our new Rescue Room. She KNOWS Quakers and has 2 in her flock and two in the Rescue Room. We rescued several this year as well as rehomed a few. We also have something else that just came into our Rescue Room that YOU may be interested in. www.fwcas.org I told her I would be contacting you about her/him before I just read about Punkin. BTW, Quakers and IRNs just love Beanie BIRDIEBREAD™ -Homemade and Avian Approved! Gini
We are forever responsible for what we have tamed.
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

They did really good together, as did Peaches and Baby but now... Baby is so horny and crazy right now, neither want anything to do with him.

He had his way with Peaches. :(

She was bleeding and the bond there is no more. She wont even look at him. He is trying so hard to earn her back but in her world... he simply doesnt exist.

He will get right up to her face kissing her and she just sits there, staring past him. He really messed up.

Did he TRY to rape her or did he? Meaning, is it possible? If not, it sure wasnt from a lack of trying. Lesson learned... birds will hurt there best friends if you arent around to contol their environment. I went to check the mail and was talking to the boys outside (regular ol day)

They have been together all their lives basically, Baby ruined it. Sad to watch really. Now, Peaches is back to just sitting like she did before.

Punkin is just punkin... she dont give a **** about nothing. Feed her and let her sit on top her her cage and shes cool. Not a bitta trouble. Jeff has mentioned taking her to his office.

I dont know about that one.
~ Mikaela Sky