sanjays first trick

A place to talk about all species, apart from our Ringnecks. Please, post video and pics when available.

Moderator: Mods

sanjays mummi

sanjays first trick

Post by sanjays mummi »

When i got him sanjay was 8 weeks old. His initial hand shyness soon became blatant cheek, when he hissed at me i would reply with a "raspberry", one day i glanced into his nursery cage and exclaimed "look at the tut in your cage!" He promptly replied with a long loud "raspberry". Cheek!.
jmmercer

Re: sanjays first trick

Post by jmmercer »

Hah! So cute. :mrgreen:

amb4693

Post by amb4693 »

How have you gotten over the hand shyness? Mine are very hand shy, I can now after about 10 days put my hand in cage and almost touch them...they will eat apples from my hand but I have yet to hold them!!!!
jmmercer

Post by jmmercer »

We're doing clicker training. When it's time to come out of her cage we say, "let's go play." She steps onto my hand and I click the clicker, then lots of praise. It's only been a little over a week, but she's doing well. No tricks, though. She discovered her toys today, though. Step in the right direction. :wink:
I also make sure and clean her cage while she is inside so that she can get used to that.

jmmercer

Post by jmmercer »

Also, because Emerson came from a bird breeder, we found out she adores marnie on YouTube. If you search for marnie parrot, you should get a bunch of videos. The bird sounds in the background relaxed her a great deal. :mrgreen: