Red rump Parrot mutations

A place to talk about all species, apart from our Ringnecks. Please, post video and pics when available.

Moderator: Mods

smick

Red rump Parrot mutations

Post by smick »

G'day does anybody have idea's about Red rump mutations?. I have a normal split lutino male in with a white lime hen. They have two young, a normal looking hen and what appears to be a lutino male?, they are feathering up now and this bird is lutino in colour with a red rump which means a cock. I can't work out what to put the hen(white lime) in gencalc. I thought with a split lutino cock bird being sex link mutation ,lutino young would be hens. Is the hens colour causing the lutino to be a cock? Is white lime also called a blue platinum? if yes then this young cock would be a platinum ino. Would it look like a lutino cock? Thanks Mick.
smick

Re: Red rump Parrot mutations

Post by smick »

The young cock is colouring up quite interesting-strong yellow all down the front,red rump,softer light yellow on wings and back,silvery yellow head with a slight green tinge above beak and a cinnamon looking tail.Young lutino cocks iv'e seen are all a deep yellow and hens light yellow. I might keep this bird and let him colour up thru a molt to see he's true colour and maybe buy a lutino opaline hen to pair him too.
julie

Post by julie »

I have just got into red rumps too :D im still trying to work out what I have,i think she is a cinnamon. I would love a white lime. Let me know if you are selling any of your bubs please.

Not sure if this link is any help
http://grassparrots.free.fr/redrump/redrumpmut.htm
smick

Post by smick »

Hi Julie only have the two young a normal hen and the interesting cock,my guess it is a platinum ino,a combination of platinum,lime and ino. Keeping him, but next season if more young like him will sell,the hen will be sold but its only a normal. The good thing about Redrumps is most mutations are relativatly cheep,when i went to the bird sales most colours were around $20 to $30 dollars,the white lime hen was $25 dollars.