RIP Coggi

A place for us to talk about the loss of a pet, even if not a ringneck. A place to grief and receive information and support from our family. Memorialize your pet by posting a picture and sharing information about your baby.

Moderator: Mods

coggibird

RIP Coggi

Post by coggibird »

I had my indian ringneck "Coggi" from 2002....till he died in March 2008...out of the 5 pople in my house i was his owner and he loved me the most...needless to say he was my best friend, i spent as much time with him as i could...over the years he went through stages of malting as usual and it got to the point where some feathers wouldnt grow back in certain areas, than one night after leavinjg him on his cage and comming back later on i found him ontop of a cabinet, frozen solid...like totally out of it ...i picked him up and he wasnt responding to me AT all...which was weird because he always did....he was just staring off into the distance....so i slowly put him back onto his cage and he eventually came back to normal. We took him to the vet..they found nothing ..than one weekend in 2008 he did it again ....but this time stayed very distant...i had to go out that night ( and i am kicking myself fo doing so) because when i came back he was on the ground of his cage...only just breathing...and i was talking to him saying his name....and he started trying to make sounds .....so he knew i was with him and he just died in my hands.....that killed me....i have never had anything hurt me so much in my life......later in the year i did extensive internet research and pin pointed it down to the fact that he must hace had cancer..or a brain tumor......and still to this day and forever....i miss him like crazy!!!
I would do ANYTHING to get him back!!
Mjay

Post by Mjay »

So sorry for your loss coggibird :cry:
Coggi sounded like a beautiful boy, he was lucky that he had his time with someone that loved him so much.
MJAY
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

It is never easy when a beloved pet goes.

At least Coggi had a loving and happy life with you.
SkyBaby

Post by SkyBaby »

I'm so sorry!! But he did have a good life with you. I'm sure he knew how much you loved him and felt that to his last moments.
coggibird

Added a pic of coggi as my avatar

Post by coggibird »

Hi all, just showing you what my coggi looked like...i got more pics on another webpage but i dont want to post it up incase if get in trouble for spamming.
Chooky

Post by Chooky »

He is a lovely looking fellow. I'm so sorry for your loss.