Another family friend lost today

A place for us to talk about the loss of a pet, even if not a ringneck. A place to grief and receive information and support from our family. Memorialize your pet by posting a picture and sharing information about your baby.

Moderator: Mods

laine

Another family friend lost today

Post by laine »

We lost our dog, Tara, today. She was a 12 year old boxer. I am not really a dog lover, but would never, ever do anything to hurt or neglect her. She was not really my dog, but my partner's. I had warmed to her over the years. She was no trouble at all and always protected and warned all of us of trouble, as she came to know us. She was old, arthritic and apparently had a very bad lung infection. This, the vet said, was just too much for her. Although the vet gave us options for operations and medication, the prognosis wasn't that optimistic and was advised having her put down was the kindest thing to do for her. We will miss her face at the window and her funny little ways. Smokey would often sit at the glass door with Tara on the other side. They would kind of talk to each other, it was always really funny to watch each one's reaction to the other. Goodbye Tara. Feel no more pain. All our love to you. Gone but Always remembered
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

aww .. Hugs !! sorry to hear that darlin :( but you made the best choice for her.
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

:( So sorry for you and your partners loss. RIP Tara. Shes in no more pain now and running free. *Hugs*
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
Datsun and Family

Post by Datsun and Family »

Oh I am sorry hun, you did the best you could for her.
-Chamon-

catschair2

Post by catschair2 »

I'm sorry for your loss, but glad she is free from her pain.
MCS
nil

Post by nil »

i feel so sad for your loss
it is very difficult to forget her, maybe impossible.
i lost my 11 yrs dog from canser before a month, i think i ll remember her for all my rest life. i loved her too much.
laine

Post by laine »

Thanks for your kind thoughts. She will always be missed but at least she is now pain free and in peace.