Toby is no longer with us.

A place for us to talk about the loss of a pet, even if not a ringneck. A place to grief and receive information and support from our family. Memorialize your pet by posting a picture and sharing information about your baby.

Moderator: Mods

Gemstone

Toby is no longer with us.

Post by Gemstone »

Hey guys,

i am in tears as i write this.

my Baby Boy Toby has been taken from me well before his time.
today a cat managed to get into the house and took my boy with it.

this happened while everyone was out of the house, so nothing anybody could do about it.

he have recovered his remains and he is now resting peacefully in the tomato garden, a place he loved to be outsite, esp when the sprinklers were on...

Amazon is alright but we can tell he misses toby too, he is currently sitting on his cage looking at toby's and giving out the occaisional contact call.

it hurts so much to know that Amazon won't be getting reply calls any more.

will post up some pics of toby when i can get my camera running again.
Adam and Dude
Peanut

Post by Peanut »

im so sorry for your loss. my thoughts and prayers are with all of you.
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

:shock: Not Toby. :cry: So sorry to hear this. Tobys in a beautiful place now, Im sure looking down at you and Amazon. I hope you find some closure soon. My thoughts are with you.
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
Gemstone

Post by Gemstone »

thanks for you support.

we were lucky enough (if you could call it that) to find him.
so being able to bury him made greaving a little easier.

i still keep looking around for him, but to no avail.

tomorrow we are building an aviary, will be a little testing as toby was ment to be staying in there, but will be looking forward to getting our first breeding pair.

we are extreamly greatfull that the cat didn't get Amazon too.

He's still freaked out, and goes nuts when ever we goto the back door, aswell as looking for Tob's.
Adam and Dude
CatsChair

Post by CatsChair »

I'm so sorry for your loss. I get worried because Magellan is leaning new ways to escape all of the time (I am hoping the maids knocked off an or-ring and she hasn't really learned how to unscrew them -- I can barely do it), since I have two well behaved, but still cats, living here with the crew and am at work all day. Best wishes to you and Amazon.
MCS
Gemstone

Post by Gemstone »

We have had our revenge on the cats they are now enjoying a nice long sleep. We caught all 6 stray cats from the neighbours house and took them to the vet where they were put to sleep for a very very very long time.

We left the cat trap out overnight and its still empty so we are gussing there are no more cats around our place so we now know that Amazon and our breeding pairs are safe and sound.
Adam and Dude
CatsChair

Post by CatsChair »

Not to start a battle....but tell me that you did not kill six cats because they followed their instincts and hunted a bird. That makes me very sad.
MCS
Gemstone

Post by Gemstone »

they were taken to the vet and humanely put down.

they had been a problem in our area for years, and everyone of our neighburs had had enough of them, they were living under the deck next door and the neighbours have been trying to get rid of them.

the people over the back fence have had the cats entering thier house and spraying in the kids rooms.

yes catching them was connected to toby.
that was the final straw for me, i had wanted them gone before but once they got tobz i started to take it seriously.
Adam and Dude
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Stray or 'ferral' cats seem to be a problem here in Australia. They are not natural to our environment and I just dont understand why cats are allowed to walk the streets and kill native animals and no one thinks twice about the impact. Dogs have to be kept indoors or in the backyard, why not cats? Some areas in Australia have cat curfews.
In the northern territory, you'll see hundreds of huge ferral cats roaming around the desert. Probebly once pet cats or the offspring of.
I'm not for killing animals just because they did what they naturally do, but they do seem to be a problem here.
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year